Spain

It's a "SY3000B"! Looks like the "KF2000" I sold to Kitsch some time ago but this one's translucent black insted of grey! The layout is exactly the same (power button, power jack and contrast at the top) but the decorative lines on the front are slightly different. Maybe they did them different on purpuse so the other Chinese clone manufacturers wouldn't sue them? Haha! I don't know, so let's have a look at the machine itself.

http://imgur.com/a/iMSjQ#0

As you can see it's in average shape but I heard that these clones are very sought-after on eBay. What do you think?

Santa Cruz, California

I'm pretty sure I had one of these a few years ago.

Austin, TX

How much do these clones generally run for?

Depends where you find them.

matt's mind
Timbob wrote:

Depends where you find them.

yeah, totally.  $10/20 - $400 depending on where you buy.  don't even bother looking in the US, they are ALWAYS extremely overpriced.  its sort of crazy tbh.  kind of like how development carts/games' prices skyrocketed in the last little while here.

asia is where they show up cheap, holland is where they show up more regularly (for whatever reason).  holland is cool like that for clone consoles.  italy too (especially still-in-box games for the consoles).  check yahoo/etc auctions (non-ebay at least).

its best just to hang out around areas online where people collect stuff like this and wait for them to part with their gear.  good quality and generally good prices too.  if you've got a bit of patience, they come around for <$50 in near-mint/mint condition.  if not...  well, that's your decision i guess wink  i didn't realize this when i got my first one, paid quite a bit for it, then basically shortly after i've increased my collection to 5.  the other 4 combined cost less than the first.  patience pays.

the sy3000b and kf2000 consoles are the same.  CPU at least.  well...  mine are the same except for case design and slightly different PCB revisions.  they seem a little bit like consoles put together from spare parts, so that might not always be the case.  could just be mine.