Philadelphia, PA

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Atari-2600-Port … d=ViewItem

My friend's portable 2600 he made from the Flashback 2 is being resold on eBay.  It has a cart connector.  It SHOULD work with the Harmony cart.  Would be good for live shows.

Check it out.

Last edited by B00daW (Aug 13, 2013 2:00 am)

Unsubscribe

dang thats pretty!

Venezuela

Looks good and nasty, but expensive for my wallet! sad

Germany

isnt that the guy with the fake developer units?

SLC, UT

Wtf it is...

Minneapolis

Oh, and it doesn't have a cartridge port. Bummer.

Santa Cruz, California

$500... He must be out of his mind.

SLC, UT

Before we get too up in arms here, he did say his friend's console is being RESOLD on eBay. So maybe his friend isn't selling it himself, but ended up selling it to some jackoff who's now reselling.

But yeah, 500 is insane. For a reproduction portable console? Pretty sure someone on benheck forums just sells those cases because like 90% of portables I see use those.

arfink wrote:

Oh, and it doesn't have a cartridge port. Bummer.

Uhmmm....first post? He added one?

Minneapolis

From the eBay listing:

"The Multari is a portable Atari 2600 with 32 built-in games.
It features a vacuum-formed styrene plastic case, 5" LCD, and no big cartridges to carry around.

This is a portable based off the Atari Flashback 2. It was modded to be able to use game cartridges, then a custom chip with the 32 built in games. The case is vacuum formed. This means the plastic was heated and suctioned over a mold, then it was cut out and used as the case."

And later on it says "Uses an EEPROM to boot the games"

This, coupled with the pictures of the guts of the system, indicate to me that there is no way to use a cartridge with it, to change the games you would need to reprogram the EEPROM.

SLC, UT
B00daW wrote:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Atari-2600-Port … d=ViewItem

My friend's portable 2600 he made from the Flashback 2 is being resold on eBay.  It has a cart connector.  It SHOULD work with the Harmony cart.  Would be good for live shows.

Check it out.

I think he's talking about two different mods, a cart connector and a built in multicart. But who knows/cares?

Just to clarify I wasn't trying to insult you in any way arfink. I like you. I'm glad to see you around again.

Minneapolis

No offence taken. wink You're good.

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Yeah, this is the guy who posts those deceptively listed fake developer units. He straight up lied to be about many crucial details about one of his previous units and I wouldn't trust a thing he said or buy anything he listed.

Michigan

I am surprised no one has mentioned the morality or authenticity that is emulation and/or reproduction...
The AoaC (Atari-on-a-chip) is by NO means a new concept. It has been done, redone, and commercialized time and again. This item is of no value to anyone, gamer or musician alike. Any one of these games can be played on your phone and believe it or not this will not support Synthcart. The AoaC cannot power an official keyboard-controller whether or not the controller port is added; therefore rendering it useless at the "live show."

And to add insult to injury..look at dat price tag!?

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

I don't care about emulation or reproduction devices for old software or hardware like this, to be honest. As long as it's being sold openly as such.

This item is certainly not "of no value to anyone". The hardware is neat enough and it's worth something, just not worth $500.

Milwaukee, WI

Actually, the Flashback is not an AoaC.  Err, one of them anyways.  I'm pretty sure the same guy behind the 7800 expansion module designed an SMT chip using the original 2600 VHDL.  I think.