orange county, CA

laaaaaawd, that yellow/red dmg is beautiful.

BUMP

After many months of being dead (having a job), I am finally back with some new DMGs up! 3 more coming soon (all greyboys).

Okay guys, whole batch is up now. You can use coupon code CHIPMUSIC at checkout for 7% off big_smile

Manchester, UK

Ah you no ship to UK! I fancied the clear black one. You looking to ship that way in future?

Boddrick wrote:

Ah you no ship to UK! I fancied the clear black one. You looking to ship that way in future?

I actually do if you ask, I just don't list it because the only way I could be consistent is by using flat rate (which is $25). I should be able to ship it for around $18 to the UK, but I'd have to check first. PM me if you're interested and we can work something out wink

I really should figure out international shipping...

Last edited by thnikk (Jun 27, 2013 8:15 pm)

Manchester, UK

I'm glad I mentioned it then smile PM on the way!

Clear black sold and greyboys moved to ebay.

Manchester, UK

DMG received in perfect condition, thanks thnikk!

There was a cartridge in there too, Alleyway. Free stuff! Or was that an accident? In any case, thanks dude! The game boy is sexy as hell.

Hey everyone, this is a quick review of a custom CGB I ordered from thnikk (with some pictures for accompaniment). I call it The Thunderbolt (at least for now) big_smile

thnikk was great to work with, guys. He gave an honest estimate of price and time first thing (both of which turned out to be exactly right), and I got it in the mail today, in under a week after completion (at most it was 4 days).

In terms of his work, the body of the CGB was in great condition; you could barely tell that it was used apart from some slight wear on the back sticker and the beginnings of the 'cartridge scars' every Game Boy will get over time. As you can tell from a couple of the pictures, there's a slight adhesive line on the screen along the right border; thnikk warned me from the start that something like that could happen while removing the frontlight from an SP for use in the CGB. I'm alright with it; I know how hard it can be to avoid leaving behind absolutely any adhesive, plus it doesn't obscure anything on the screen. And besides, what's a musical instrument without some character? wink

A bit of a happy accident with this unit is that the buttons glow slightly from the frontlight (which you may or may not be able to tell from the pictures; thnikk told me that he didn't intend or expect for that to happen). I'd say it was a favourable surprise. smile

But the real beauty is the pro-sound.

The pro-sound is FLAWLESS. I can't hear the SLIGHTEST bit of hum or crackle from the CGB when nothing is playing in LSDJ (or something is and there's silence); it's DEAD quiet. I can barely even tell it's on, to be honest. Just perfect for recording. Plus the location of the jack is perfect too; I can slip it into my pocket with my 'phones plugged in, and still be able to reach the Start button to start a song (I tend to do this when I'm working on a song and I have to move around and I want to keep the sound fresh in my mind). It's a tiny bit of an adjustment to work my hand around the headphones when they're plugged in, but it's just something to get used to; not bad at all.

Overall, I'm really impressed with thnikk's work and how he handles his business!

www.thnikk.com

10/10, would buy from again. big_smile

washington

cool review!

i've always been a fan of thnikk's work, if i used modded gameboys i'd buy one in a second! smile

Small update, everything moved to ebay.

A Touch Electric wrote:

Hey everyone, this is a quick review of a custom CGB I ordered from thnikk (with some pictures for accompaniment). I call it The Thunderbolt (at least for now) big_smile

thnikk was great to work with, guys. He gave an honest estimate of price and time first thing (both of which turned out to be exactly right), and I got it in the mail today, in under a week after completion (at most it was 4 days).

In terms of his work, the body of the CGB was in great condition; you could barely tell that it was used apart from some slight wear on the back sticker and the beginnings of the 'cartridge scars' every Game Boy will get over time. As you can tell from a couple of the pictures, there's a slight adhesive line on the screen along the right border; thnikk warned me from the start that something like that could happen while removing the frontlight from an SP for use in the CGB. I'm alright with it; I know how hard it can be to avoid leaving behind absolutely any adhesive, plus it doesn't obscure anything on the screen. And besides, what's a musical instrument without some character? wink

A bit of a happy accident with this unit is that the buttons glow slightly from the frontlight (which you may or may not be able to tell from the pictures; thnikk told me that he didn't intend or expect for that to happen). I'd say it was a favourable surprise. smile

But the real beauty is the pro-sound.

The pro-sound is FLAWLESS. I can't hear the SLIGHTEST bit of hum or crackle from the CGB when nothing is playing in LSDJ (or something is and there's silence); it's DEAD quiet. I can barely even tell it's on, to be honest. Just perfect for recording. Plus the location of the jack is perfect too; I can slip it into my pocket with my 'phones plugged in, and still be able to reach the Start button to start a song (I tend to do this when I'm working on a song and I have to move around and I want to keep the sound fresh in my mind). It's a tiny bit of an adjustment to work my hand around the headphones when they're plugged in, but it's just something to get used to; not bad at all.

Overall, I'm really impressed with thnikk's work and how he handles his business!

www.thnikk.com

10/10, would buy from again. big_smile

I'm glad you like it! You kept my intenionally lowercase t throughout that whole post. I applaud you, sir big_smile

basspuddle wrote:

cool review!

i've always been a fan of thnikk's work, if i used modded gameboys i'd buy one in a second! smile

Thanks to both of you guys! It really means a lot to me.

Last edited by thnikk (Aug 15, 2013 1:44 am)

Douglas, Wyoming

I'm so heavily debating on buying that pink one, how much longer do you think it'll be in stock? I wanna wait until I get my paycheck this month to see how much spending cash I'll have