Douglas, Wyoming
Alpine wrote:
Saskrotch wrote:

that seems like a lot of work for 18gb when probably 17gb of it was garbage

it was 18gb of songs that all had 10 or more favorites. If it wasn't, then there'd be way more shit in there, also some of it would be mine, which would be an indicator of poor quality.

Anyway, garbage is in the eye of the beholder, yadayada

Don't pay any mind, that's just Saskrotch being Saskrotch

http://ucollective.org

the biggest downfall that place has I think is not having "8bit" in the name because otherwise, it's freaking great

although it DOES lack a Top 10 of last week which honestly is the entire reason people used 8bc in the first place

Last edited by an0va (Aug 20, 2013 1:53 am)

Wouldn't you need permission from all the people who uploaded to 8bc before doing something like this?

UK, Leicester
an0va wrote:

the biggest downfall that place has I think is not having "8bit" in the name because otherwise, it's freaking great

although it DOES lack a Top 10 of last week which honestly is the entire reason people used 8bc in the first place

It has a top three though. If anything that's a really bad way of doing things, because music by already popular artists gets listened to more than stuff by new artists.

Gosford, Australia
El Huesudo II wrote:

Wouldn't you need permission from all the people who uploaded to 8bc before doing something like this?

probably! :v

[removed]

Last edited by Feryl (Feb 19, 2024 8:13 pm)

do we have to ask them when we download the torrent?

Gosford, Australia

the torrent makin' dude probably should've, yeah :v
but hey, i probably have some songs amongst those and i certainly don't mind. good times!

put victory road down for yes only 2500 people to go

Gosford, Australia

all i'm saying is like... should we ask? technically yea. does anyone really care? probs not!

Last edited by Victory Road (Aug 20, 2013 4:58 am)

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Didn't 8bc use a CC license for everything uploaded? If that's the case, as long as attribution is maintained we don't need anyone's express permission.

Gosford, Australia

i think people could choose all rights reserved though
or maybe that's just cm.o haha
whatevs, just do it :v

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Ha ha! Just noticed that CM.org has "all rights reserved" option. Technically that means any user who selects that can sue CM.org for distributing their music as it doesn't appear to grant CM.org any sort of non-exclusive distribution rights.

on it!

Alpine wrote:
an0va wrote:

It has a top three though. If anything that's a really bad way of doing things, because music by already popular artists gets listened to more than stuff by new artists.

regardless, it still gave people the motivation to keep posting new tracks over and over again

these days even the "popular artists" aren't uploading new tracks as often if you think about it

Germany

woah, that sure is a fast torrent
ready for upping now, did i miss a link or didnt we organize one yet?