Oceanside, CA

I wanted to know for Asm Retros Density backlight where the soldering points are. Is it above the capasitor? I just want to know because ive never modded a gameboy but would like to start. I know the installation for the density is a little different than others so just wondering before I go buy one.
Thanks

http://asmretro.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=35

You can see near the end that the wire indeed do go above that large capacitor in the middle of the front PCB smile

Oceanside, CA

Okay awesome.
Thanks a lot Bitman!

I installed one of these today, but I used the same contacts I've always used for the kitsch-bent backlights. The backlight works but I'm not happy with the result; it's difficult to focus on and gives me a headache. Would using the points in this guide instead likely make a difference?

The instructions for both use the same places for connections.  Where do you typically use?

Which colour backlight did you get? And did you remove all the protective foils? Those can give a weird effect when left on.

I don't see how a differen power point could effect the image..

Cleveland, OH

It also depends on the color. Some colors like blue can be weird. When installed "normal", blue looks better to adjust the contrast so that it appears "inverted".

Last edited by Apeshit (Jul 17, 2019 12:39 am)