GTA, ON

Hey Everyone,

I wanted to post an update about the Pulsewidth Music youtube channel. The end of summer is fast approaching for me, and once my school semester starts in about 2 weeks, I won't have free time to dedicate to rendering videos and managing the channel. Ideally I would like to have someone take over managing the channel so that content can still be posted, but I am doubtful that anyone will want to take over and also I am worried that the channel may be radically changed/broken if someone else takes over. That being said if people are interested in taking over management, please get in contact with me and we can talk about it.

Additionally, I have packaged up the *.aep file for the visualizer with a quick tutorial so those who want to render their own visualizers and have a copy of After Effects CC (you can download a trial for those who are interested) can do so. If people want the files, let me know and I can have them uploaded right away. I realize that giving out the visualizer makes it so the channel isn't anything special anymore, as anyone and their grandmother would be able render the videos, but I think that giving people the opportunity to make their own visualizers for any track they wish either for promotional purposes or otherwise is a bit more important.

Anyways, please leave some feedback and suggestions for what we should do with the channel and if you want the visualizer files to be posted or not.

Cheers!

GTA, ON

Just a quick bump to see if anyone has any feedback. If nobody responds, I suppose I'll just release the visualizer files and then shelf the channel for the school year.

Someone has to jump in.
Although, I've seen some channels take breaks before, doesn't seem like a big deal to me.

UK, Leicester

I'd quite happily take over. I've got school starting as well, but I always have plenty of free time after school, and at the weekends. As long as rendering the videos isn't going to be to much of a memory eater, I should be fine.

GTA, ON

@Alpine - Thanks for the offer! Just send me a quick email to [email protected] and we'll talk smile Also I think After Effects was using about 1.7-2 GB of memory for rendering and it took about 15-20 minutes to render out the video for a ~3 minute long song.

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

I'd love to grab the .aep if you eventually put it up. I can also help out with rendering stuff out if needed. You appear to be fro the GTA so if you ever wanted to meet up and discuss the future of the channel I'm more than happy to do so.

GTA, ON

@jefftheworld - Excellent! I've put the After Effects stuff up on mediafire here and I sent you a quick PM. Thanks!

Everyone is welcome to download the visualizer files, and the zip file includes a tutorial for configuring it as well (and Adobe provides a trial for After Effects CC).