Santa Cruz, California

What kinds of cool shit have you found at yard/garage sales, thrift stores, swap meets, or been given?
All right, let's whip 'em out.

Japanese Legend of Zelda import. I got it for $5 at a used game store.

Germany

i got pokemon diamond (bootleg) for gameboy for 5€ tongue
google image because im lazy:

also scored a pokemon crystal in perfect condition but with perfectly removed sticker for the same price.

Nottingham, UK

About a month ago I missed, only by a few seconds, a chance to pick up a roland SH 101 for £10 at a carboot sale. One of the most excruciating moments I've had in a while.

Last edited by ForaBrokenEarth (Aug 9, 2013 7:50 pm)

NC in the US of America

I got a gameport microsoft sidewinder controller... >_>

My uncle just gave me all his Sega Genesis stuff.

Baja California

Some months ago, I found a pokemon Gold version in japanese and they were selling it  at $120 MXN pesos. Sadly I didn't have enough money to nab it sad

Santa Cruz, California

$1.99 at a local thrift store.

Gosford, Australia

been given? too much stuff, i kinda feel bad.
casio cz-101, roland jx-3p and a fucking roland tb-303. all working decently, all just fuckin handed to me for no real reason other than "oh that guy likes synths and stuff and i don't want these things anymore".
but i don't feel bad about my atari 2600 junior with no sound though, so there's that.

Toronto

gosh i have too many finds to just list! most recent was a grey GB in really really nice shape for 5$. Got a yellowboy for $3 a while ago.

my best stuff ever? probably super mario RPG for 3 bucks, and harvest moon 64 for 2. that was ages ago, though.

will post new finds when i get them big_smile

California

A friend of mine decided to quit chiptune and go who knows where about a year ago, so he gave me this big box with a C64, Cynthcart, NES with no controllers or cords, SNES, Super Gameboy cart, Gameboy Pocket, a prosounded clear DMG and a few miscellaneous Gameboy games.

I also found a CD copy of Counter-Strike at my library's used bookstore for a dollar, put the code into Steam and I got the Valve Platinum Pack.

Santa Cruz, California

Scored this Alesis midi keyboard from the curb in Santa Cruz. It was sitting out with a couple of other things that I would have grabbed, but I was on my bicycle.
Hella free.

Los Angeles, CA

That's not just a midi keyboard dude. 

http://www.vintagesynth.com/misc/micron.php

You scored BIG!

Last edited by Mrwimmer (Aug 24, 2013 6:29 pm)

jealous of you :0

Santa Cruz, California
Mrwimmer wrote:

You scored BIG!

Holy Shit!

Los Angeles, CA
Teh D3th St4r wrote:
Mrwimmer wrote:

You scored BIG!

Holy Shit!

Yeah!  You're gonna have some fun with that.

Joliette, QC, Canada

10$ In a Garage Sale !

Chicago IL

Is cmo just a collective blog now?