washington
Mrwimmer wrote:

That's not just a midi keyboard dude. 

http://www.vintagesynth.com/misc/micron.php

You scored BIG!

yeah, my buddy has one, and it has some super awesome sounds on it!

Santa Cruz, California
Saskrotch wrote:

Is cmo just a collective blog now?

Nah man. This is still a music forum: People post their beats, and get hassled by misanthropic asses *cough*

Los Angeles, CA
basspuddle wrote:

It's also fully programmable!  I've got an Ion, and I love it to death.

Santa Cruz, California
Mrwimmer wrote:
basspuddle wrote:

It's also fully programmable!  I've got an Ion, and I love it to death.

Guh! Mine is sitting in the back room of Level Up Video Games right now... I wanna play with it.

Santa Cruz, California

Found this Atari 2600 and PS1 on the same bike ride on my way back from picking up my Alesis keyboard. The Playstation was in spectacular condition and was clearly adult owned. The Atari was a mess, but it's so dirt simple in there, I had it working in under an hour... currently being modded.
The Sony was in a box on the curb, and the Atari was on the free pile after a yard sale... I love free shit.

Last edited by Teh D3th St4r (Aug 29, 2013 6:25 am)

the only good things i ever found at a garage sale were my own things at my own garage sale that i decided not to sell ;C

washington

wait, like one of those times where you find something awesome in your garage you had no idea existed?

if so, that's a nice feeling

Found this in the street recently, battery clip was broken but worked fine after fixing that, spraying a bit of switch cleaner in the knobs and tweaking the internal trimmer pots for more extreme feedback smile

Pittsburgh

My camera is being an asshole, so I can't post any pictures of my best find (though if it DOES decide to work, I'll edit this post to include pics ^_^)
I never expected any curbside pickups where I live, as I've never seen more than an n64 sports game in my local thrift store before. However, on my way back from school once, I found a box with 2 NES, 1 SNES, 1 Genesis mod. 2, the box for a Genesis mod. 1 (with paperwork, posters, sonic NFR cart, but no model 1 console), an NES styled PS2 controller, and all hookups and cables I should ever need. Oh wait, almost forgot the blue MGB that was in the box, with AC and rechargeable battery.

Everything was absolutely filthy, and took me HOURS to clean and fix all of them, but they all work great!

Playboy Man-Baby

It plays a 50% pulse lead. Membrane keyboard. It has an option of decay or attack, long or short release, loud or soft, and there's a little "note slider" for tuning. Came with a decent audio out jack already on it. Wiring is kinda funky though, because it's never quite tuned to itself, the slider makes a crazy distorted pulse sound, and sometimes the decay mode stops working and makes the length of the notes mega quiet. Not perfect, but usable.

Santa Cruz, California

That's rad.

Portland, OR

Most recently found a complete working Sega Dreamcast w/2 controllers, 2 VMUs (and a burned copy of Ikaruga inside) at a Goodwill for $25. I know that's not the craziest find ever, but it's a pretty good price, and a real surprise to find in a Goodwill around here, as not only do thrift stores tend to get picked over pretty hard and fast in Portland, but Goodwill sells most of their video game stuff on shopgoodwill.com now.

Spectacular dumpster finds are pretty hard to come by (again, it's Portland - the second something cool gets thrown away, a dozen people are ON IT instantly) but I did find a working card reader and a little metal Mario ? box container in a free box outside awhile ago.

Also found Star Raiders for Atari 2600 ALMOST complete in box (missing the comic) at a yard sale, bundled it with a bunch of other Atari games for $5.

Various Game Boys for about $10, surprisingly that's about what they go for even at game stores here that are wise to chipmusic and retro collectors.

MA

I really need to go to some thrift stores to look for stuff.

But my friend sold me his Yamaha SHS-200 for $10 [which is an amazing deal in my opinion] and there's this store near where I live called Revolutionary Gamer and it sells alot of "old" consoles and games [and new ones too] heart

I linked the website just in case if you wanted to check it out but there's alot more stuff in store

Brisbane, Australia

Not sure where else might have it, but australia has what's called "Kerbside pickup" where each suburb, once a year, can throw whatever they want to get rid of onto the sidewalk and it'll be picked up on a certiain day.

I decided to go on a detour the other day through a suburb that was undergoing KSP at the time. Came across this beauty!

It's a 1945 Singer sewing machine with original carry case and key - worth a fair bit (especially since i picked it up free!)

Edit: It's not worth more because i got it for free.... Haha! The profit margin is huge, is what i meant!

I also came across both of these drumsets.... at two separate houses... god knows!
Theyre both in complete working condition! Just had to throw some batteries in!

Along with this mint little crt! It has a strange power jack which i'm going to try swap out for a conventional 3-pin cable.

I picked this lot up off gumtree (australia's equivalent to craigslist):
What's not in the photo is about 25 original xbox controllers and about 10 psx/ps2 controllers, along with hundreds of AC/DC adapters and RCA cords .etc. This was a crazy find! I almost couldn't fit everything in my car!

Here's a list of what's inside:

› Show Spoiler

Not sure if ebay counts, but i managed to pick this beast of an auction up for $100. If you can't see it properly, there's a Nintendo Power Memory cart in there smile))!

Last edited by jackary (Sep 4, 2013 10:16 am)

Brisbane, Australia

Oh... let's not forget this...

I'm super impulsive when it comes to buying things like these!

Dallas, Texas

Found me two Speak™ units for $5 each at a thrift shop. Both have battery cover, and the Speak & Spell™ even had a library expansion cart installed!