Brooklyn, NY
herr_prof wrote:

Does the aboy have the ftdi header to easily update the firmware? Do you have pics of the various colors?

There's no FTDI header, but the chip can be removed from its socket and flashed using an Arduino.

The only difference is the LED color. I don't have any photos of the lit LEDs, but this image shows the very subtle color differences.

Bottom row: orange, red, red, yellow.

I can post photos of them lit if you'd like, but it's basically what you'd expect from an LED.

Unsubscribe

Ah thanks for clarifying I thought there was different color cases

shanghai

excellent quality stuff by the looks of it, and a nice site too. that passive mixer looks really interesting !

The Multiverse ::: [CA, Sac]

I recently got a custom arduinoboy made and can vouch for its quality. This thing is so well made and xiwi is so excellent to work with.

france

Hi, I've bought arduinoboy from xiwi on etsy shop, the quality is just excellent.

Unsubscribe

I wrote a quick review of this:

http://www.peterswimm.com/?p=1389

Brooklyn, NY

Thanks Peter.

That button is a bit temperate, but totally gets the job done for the AB and looks pretty doing it!

.FILTHadelphia

I'd like one of those Noise Toasters. When do you think you'll have more in stock?

Brooklyn, NY

I'm building one more as a demonstration for an Instructable. I'm hoping to move on to the larger synths that MFOS puts out PCBs for. Ideally, I'd like to get away from handwiring stuff in general. It takes SO much time which requires me to push the price up higher than I'd like.

If you're interested PM me!

Abandoned on Fire

Just received one of your matrix mixers yesterday.  It's so beautiful and solid.  You craftsmanship is superb!  heart

Dallas, Texas

I bought an arduinoboy kit from your shop a short time ago. Very easy to build. You did great on this pcb! Here's some pics of my unit.

Last edited by TylerBarnes (Aug 24, 2013 11:23 pm)

France

Very good job TylerBarnes ! I bought a pre-built unit there, and it's a bomb. Very stable (tested with LSDJ & MGB)

Brooklyn, NY

Wow! That's fabulous!

Looks like you found the perfect case for the little guy. Must have been a super tight fit.

Dallas, Texas

yeah it was very tight, which is what I aim for.
The only reason I could get away with such a small enclosure was cause I used the DMG-07 cable for power. So that got rid of the need to include the 6 pin din and the power jack. Both of which take up valuable real estate.

The only thing that really gave me trouble though was finding a spot for the ferrite bead on the DMG-07 cable, I eventually stuffed it into a corner by the LEDs tongue

You'll prolly have noticed I also omitted the status LED, didn't need/want that either.

Cleveland, OH
TylerBarnes wrote:

Here's some pics of my unit.

TylerBarnes wrote:

yeah it was very tight, which is what I aim for.

But seriously. That looks really awesome!

Last edited by thursdaycustoms (Aug 25, 2013 5:16 pm)

Douglas, Wyoming

The site you have now is infinitely better than Etsy anyways