Madison, Wisconsin, USA
walter b. gentle wrote:

i made it through about 3 minutes. im assuming the rest is more ollies while pushing mongo.

what is intriguing to me is not the tricks

Robotcity, the year 20XX
Kuma wrote:

I'm curious as to what happened to I against me.  they have an EP on Cou Cou, and have some songs on soundcloud, but they havn't put up anything original for about 4 months and havn't really heard anything from them via cou cou since their last ep.  did they split up or are they secretly working on something new?

I believe they were recently active on their facebook, posting upcoming gigs. But maybe that was already 4 months ago.

is this moment over yet

BOSTON
extreme zan-zan-zawa-veia wrote:

is this moment over yet

it was until you bumped it. NOW ITS BACK.

Dallas/Fort Worth, TX

So momentous.

ryba wrote:

Lo-bat

http://freemusicarchive.org/music/Lo-Bat/

family and other projects and work.

Plus Belgian.
Lo-bat, Chantal Goret en DMG plantlife were the Belgian chipscene. They didn't do much shows and since 2006-8 they kinda all retired or went semi active, maybe besides Marc Nostromo.

That album is also available on 8bp, for the little sense of national pride I have

San Francisco

I think for a lot of the older users they are still around but the forums just don't stimulate them like they used to. For me I reached a point that I was rarely learning anything new because I had accumulated so much knowledge over the years about everything I had wanted to know. It also became easier to socially communicate with my chipbuddies about life and stuff with social media networks instead of the forums and seeking stimulation/inspiration for my music/life started to come from else where. Things change and stuff *shrugs*

I ended up changing my name and doing less fully chip centered stuff from my wedanced/wduwsts days.
I don't think I am alone in this evolution but maybe it just took people to different places.

I obviously check in once in a while tho tongue

/introspectivestuffrant

There is one dood that i miss his work and just disappeared without a trace. SILent REQuiem. That guy could kill a c64 like no other.

Last edited by wedanced (Jun 22, 2013 10:28 am)

New Albany Indiana

I just finished a bag of Doritos.

Did i mention i miss Ant1?

One artist I don't think is very well known here is Kjell Nordbo, who sadly passed away in 2005.   He was (imo) one of the most inventive c64 musicians there has ever been.  He's also one of the most prolific yet maintained an incredible quality level throughout.

His work can be found in the High Voltage sids archive, but if you can run an emulator or hardware I suggest getting the original files.  His music collections were as much about the visuals as the audio, really closely tied together in his productions.

Download c64 files
Sid files

Couple of my favourites:

Relationship across the world
A new life
Ghost escapes body

Liverpool, UK

San Francisco
4mat wrote:

One artist I don't think is very well known here is Kjell Nordbo, who sadly passed away in 2005.   He was (imo) one of the most inventive c64 musicians there has ever been.  He's also one of the most prolific yet maintained an incredible quality level throughout.

His work can be found in the High Voltage sids archive, but if you can run an emulator or hardware I suggest getting the original files.  His music collections were as much about the visuals as the audio, really closely tied together in his productions.

Download c64 files
Sid files

Couple of my favourites:

A new life
Ghost escapes body

Is there anywhere to hear any hardware recordings? Googled. No success.

You can download them here  The R5 ones, he always used an 8580 afaik.

To be honest though to get the full effect run the demos.

Milwaukee, WI
4mat wrote:

Download c64 files
Sid files

Couple of my favourites:

A new life
Ghost escapes body

Chipflip did a write up of him a few years back. I was obsessed for a brief moment.

vancouver, canada
4mat wrote:

You can download them here  The R5 ones, he always used an 8580 afaik.

To be honest though to get the full effect run the demos.

alright, at first i was intimidated by the massive body of work, but i finally had a chance to sample some random tracks from this collection.  these tracks are all seriously good, nice find!

on a related note, it makes me wonder about who might still be listening to my music after i die (knock on wood)..  maybe there should be an official custom of the chip scene where people who meet their end (untimely or not) have their works remembered..

UK, Leicester

That's not too bad an idea, on another forum that I visit, people were suggesting having a "Dead member" usergroup, as well as the standard ones (moderator, admin, blue member and gold member) because every so often a member would die, or in far too many cases commit suicide.

On that bright note, I bid you adieu

Darkness

Thank you for this thread. I really needed this.