Unsubscribe

does anyone have a mirror for this rack? asking for a friend.

Chicago IL

I just ended up making my own. This will give you the knowledge you need to build/map your own cc midiracks.

Also not sure if IAC is mac only, or what the equivalent for PC would be.

(Also used this for mGB and SMSM)

Unsubscribe

Im new to live but I thought the workflow was

Instrument rack, with banks of 8 knobs you assign to things within the rack, and then some kind of editor that you can assign these macro knobs too. I dont understand the connection with creating a loopback to the os and then back into the daw to send clips.

Would you be ok with sharing your midines project maybe?

Chicago IL

Mine is for 1.0 so there's commands missing, especially on the DPCM channel, and honestly I've always had a lot of trouble getting other peoples racks to work. Most likely it's a cross platform issue.

The loop back idea is basically so that you can make a midi clip that sends the CC command you need out, and then back through ableton, and acts like when you assign midi commands to something by clicking on it and sending the command. It's a one time set up, then you can just save it as a default als/alp file.

Unsubscribe

ah yea i see, I was hoping to just get a gui with all the buttons for parameters assigned and then using something like this to morph the presets:

http://www.fabriziopoce.com/morph.html

The problem with ableton is there is like 40 ways to skin a cat, and most of them are poorly documented big_smile

Chicago IL

but also youtube is filled to the brim with ableton tutorials. some of them are really useful!

Unsubscribe

yea, time to get the wheat from the chaff!

WOW MAN!

FAKEBIT!

Unsubscribe

Whats fake about controlling a chip directly?

Toronto, Ontario, Canada
herr_prof wrote:

Whats fake about controlling a chip directly?

You're not controlling it with a vintage processor.

Unsubscribe

At least im using a vintage serial communication protocol to bottleneck the cpu.

WOW MAN!
herr_prof wrote:

At least im using a vintage serial communication protocol to bottleneck the cpu.

Ha ha big_smile

Unsubscribe

Hey guys found this:
http://micahfrank.com/post/420105841/mi … ve-zip-the

Cant test it but maybe its of use.