Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Jakim wrote:

I was thinking about abstract categories. Your implication is false, there are objects which aren't random but without period neither, see for example geometric progression. But there is no random object with period. You have to notice/assume something more to put an equivalence to these statements. Perhaps you was talking about common general rule, where I could agree.

Computer's inability to be random you have stated isn't an immanent property.

Greetings.

That's all semantics, the sentence is correct either way. Get over it. :3

Gosford, Australia
herr_prof wrote:

I thought the minute you tune white noise it ceases to be white noise. Pink or brown?

pink and brown noise are specific types of noise relating to different mathematical functions, iirc.

Douglas, Wyoming

Well what you got there is a noisey bibblewatzit, not to be confused with the double inverted quazzle

Earth

An "8bit" noise generator is basically a sample+hold. It switches the waveform between two different states (like -1, +1) according to an LFSR. But you could just generate the bits randomly, or select them yourself.

The sense of sweeping pitch is created by clocking the "noise function" (usually lfsr) faster or slower. If the noise pattern is very short it will sound like a pitched instrument, otherwise it will just sound like crispy noise at diff. pitches.

There must be an arduino proj that just does noise like this. Not really sure what op is wanting tho eg. hardware or software.

Last edited by breakphase (Aug 24, 2013 9:51 pm)

Boise, ID

Sorry it's been a couple days, but thanks again for all the links. And yeah I'd like to go the DIY route and build something. That zorlon cannon looks amazing though...

西安
Jazzmarazz wrote:

EDIT: Grey noise is prettiest. tongue
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colors_of_noise

things I learned from this article:

1. black noise exists
2. black noise models the frequency of natural disasters

welp, didn't want to sleep tonight anyway