Michigan

Lol wat?

http://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/gami … s/2718421/

Personally, I was afraid to buy a 3Ds because of the 3D after testing it in a store, then I bought it and play on full 3D always. Note that the 2Ds will not be coming out in Japan. Yeah. Discuss.

西安

seems like a great form factor for playing it live. i can see ditching the stylus and holding it in two hands just rockin' out.
also, nice price. i have seen the 3DS' 3D and like it, as well as the flippy design, but the price of this makes it way more attractive.

Unsubscribe

yea i bet the ds-10 forum is loosing it right now.

Minneapolis

Looks like a wedge of cheese. Mmmmmm cheeeeese. Also, ditching the expensive 3d screen that so many people just turn off anyway seems a smart move.

SLC, UT

Maybe Nintendo is getting desperate with new product failure and secretly addressing a huge niche market for their products. How crazy would it be if they opensourced the NES. Dream on.

Sweeeeeeden
stargazer wrote:

Maybe Nintendo is getting desperate with new product failure and secretly addressing a huge niche market for their products.

Nah, they've been pretty clear that they've been trying to cut into the lower market segments, ie "poor families with kids". From that point of view, it makes sense, and will probably be profitable for big N.

Lexington, KY

I dig it.

SLC, UT
nitro2k01 wrote:
stargazer wrote:

Maybe Nintendo is getting desperate with new product failure and secretly addressing a huge niche market for their products.

Nah, they've been pretty clear that they've been trying to cut into the lower market segments, ie "poor families with kids". From that point of view, it makes sense, and will probably be profitable for big N.

Good point. And honestly I think their biggest advantage to that is insane product lifespan due to backwards compatibility. The original ds is still supported. I had a DMG as a kid and played it all the way till I got a GBC in like 99. I was poor so it worked out nicely.

On topic: I like it too. Tabletop game play would be nice. Maybe I'll finally be able to beat trauma center without killing myself and my ds.

Taichung, Taiwan

I like the design and price point.

Brunswick, GA USA

Most of the points I'd make have been made. Remember that nerdy gamers aren't the only sales demographic; if I still did lots of DS-10 I'd be up for two of those.

Minneapolis

With a starting price like that, it'll be sub-$100 when it's on sale, they could make a killing.

(219) Indiana, USA

I kind of wish it had two analog sticks. Even though it might not be "necessary" I still think I'd be nice.

At first I thought this was going to be a joke or a one-off.  Seems an interesting idea at the very least.  I would like to try it out before making a decision.  The only game I plan on playing soon where 3D might be important is A Link Between Worlds.  Thanks for sharing.

Michigan
chunter wrote:

Remember that nerdy gamers aren't the only sales demographic

I was actually surprised as hell to find no negativity after posting this. Then again, I am of the nerdy gamer demographic. wink

Pittsburgh

Nice to see that we are the one corner of the Internet doing something other than raging about this! Personally, I think that it looks much more like a kids toy than anything from the DS line. As the 2ds is intended mostly for children (as shown in the promo when the kid has a 2ds and the dad had a 3ds), it's perfect! Plus, it does look like it would be sweet to have several modules of these for DS10 purposes!
Though to be honest, I initially thought it was a joke that someone spammed to get onto the front page of google, and I DID gag a little when I first saw what it looked like.

UK

I actually like the thing. I've missed the classic handheld ergonomics.