vancouver, canada
herr_prof wrote:

yea i bet the ds-10 forum is loosing it right now.

YOU GUESSED RIGHT

i might actually pick one up though.  my 3ds' headphone jack crapped out a little bit, so i'm in need of an inexpensive replacement.

and i always felt kinda silly and apprehensive holding a DS whenever i performed with it live because the top lid always flopped around kinda fragiley.  (one other thing, i also felt kind of silly jumping around with a game system like an asshole, i mean anybody know what that's about?)

Last edited by bryface (Aug 29, 2013 1:21 am)

Taichung, Taiwan

I'm going to be buying one.

Florida

I like it, but it probably wont sell much better than the GB Micro

Iowa

It looks fun to hack into something a lot more awesome

PROTODOME wrote:

I actually like the thing. I've missed the classic handheld ergonomics.

And you don't have to worry about hinges and damage caused by opening and closing.  Sure, the screens are less protected, but put screen protectors on it and don't be an idiot.  I might wait for the 2DS XL for bigger screens and longer battery life.

Boy Without Batteries wrote:

I like it, but it probably wont sell much better than the GB Micro

Probably true, yet I kick myself for not picking one up cheap at some point for the convenience of having it with me always, especially a special edition.  I also wish I had the money or wisdom to buy out the virtual boys from my local store when they had the clearance prices.

hiding under your bed

I was having a really shitty day but then I got home from work and saw the news and laughed really hard.
I don't feel as bad now. And I'll probably end up picking one or two up since it really does seem like it'll be perfect for all my KORG/Jam Session/Rhythm Core Alpha/Electroplankton shenanigans.

西安
bryface wrote:
herr_prof wrote:

yea i bet the ds-10 forum is loosing it right now.

YOU GUESSED RIGHT

dude, that thread says that the korg M01D is actually in 3d. mind=blown

TX

I kinda like it. I want to see it in the flesh before I make any final calls, but it might be a perfect Pokemon Y machine.

Florida
Brother Android wrote:

but it might be a perfect Pokemon Y machine.

I smell a bundle wink

TX

The release date is certainly suspicious. Incidentally, that's a good move on Nintendo's part, as I think there's a sizable crowd who are interested in Pokemon but not handheld games in general.

Cleveland, OH

I'm so freaking excited about this. I never have the 3D turned on. It's a pain to hold it still. I was actually going to make one of these and call is a DStablet.
Guess I don't have to now!
The only thing I don't like is the name. 2DS just makes it sound like a down grade(since it is). Should have called it DSslate, DStablet or something to make it sound new. Not old.

Maine

ooh yay finally i can enjoy 3ds games without having to pay for a feature i'll never use ^.^

*thumbs up to nintendo*

Hartlepool, UK

I REALLY like this :-)

Pittsburgh

Got to try someone's today. Comments:
- I expected the shoulder buttons to be clicky like on the DS lite. Instead, they pressed down more like D-PAD buttons, which felt strange at first but is actually quite nice.
- If you can fit a DMG in your pocket, you can fix this thing in as well (though the screens would be exposed, so I wouldn't recommend it)
- I expected it to be more dense and heavier than it was. It doesn't feel very substantial in your hands, and I wish It weighed a bit more. That said, this may just be from being used to the balance of a DMG's 4 AA batteries weighing 10 pounds, so judge for yourself
- LCDs shine in glorious 2D graphics, as expected

Totally misjudged this thing when I first saw it online, it's a fun little console!
In conclusion, anyone who wants to play Korg MD-10, Pokemanz, or anything else and is willing to sacrifice a feature or two, the 2DS is a great way to save yourself $70. WOULD BUY!

Taichung, Taiwan

I picked up my 2DS the other day.

I has a like.