Cambridge UK
Jellica wrote:

wanna post meneo pix.

of course you do.

Nottingham, UK

If you're not swingin' on the flippity-flop in your fuzz and kickers, you might as well be a cob nobbler in the tom-tom club.

Chicago IL
dubmood wrote:

Post script : Being associated with hipsters is the last thing I want.

isn't beeing dedicated to retro gaming music made on vintage computer consoles really close to the pure definition of hipsterism though?

the pure definition of hipsterism is adopting irony as a lifestyle choice

Marseille

orly? I thought irony as a lifestyle choice was something we did in the 90s to clash with our dead serious either hippie or yuppie parents?

pasted from wikipedia:

"hipsterism fetishizes the authentic" elements of all of the "fringe movements of the postwar era—beat, hippie, punk, even grunge", and draws on the "cultural stores of every unmelted ethnicity", reinventing it "with a winking inauthenticity."[4]

ok so being all about gameboys is ok as long as you are dead serious?
sorry but I just have to

Last edited by dubmood (Aug 30, 2013 10:16 am)

Nottingham, UK
dubmood wrote:

orly? I thought irony as a lifestyle choice was something we did in the 90s to clash with our dead serious either hippie or yuppie parents?

pasted from wikipedia:

"hipsterism fetishizes the authentic" elements of all of the "fringe movements of the postwar era—beat, hippie, punk, even grunge", and draws on the "cultural stores of every unmelted ethnicity", reinventing it "with a winking inauthenticity."[4]

ok so being all about gameboys is ok as long as you are dead serious?
sorry but I just have to

Being serious and not being ironic aren't necessarily the same thing.

Sydney

Leviticus 19:19  “‘Keep my decrees. Do not mate different kinds of animals. Do not plant your field with two kinds of seed. Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material."
If we all listen to the bible and just make sure that our cloths are all made with the same fabric I think it is all al-right. Might I suggest cotton as been a comfy choice in material.

los angeles

like holy shit why would you even ask this question are you serious

what the fuck genres do you listen to where there's a certain style of clothing associated with them without a doubt

Brunswick, GA USA
SketchMan3 wrote:

Max Weinberg being the shining exception wink

I wonder if he has his suits specially tailored.

Nothing sucks like raising your arms and having the sleeves awkwardly pull up. Charlie Watts dresses fairly well too if I recall.

New Albany Indiana

Lets all just agree to wear clothes, ok?

Finland

Great idea. I also want to know what I should wear so that a fraction of the people I ever meet will know what I listen to without them asking me first. smile
Would be so worth it.

Columbus, Indiana
Bit wish wrote:

Lets all just agree to wear clothes, ok?

Madriz, Supain
Mrwimmer wrote:

You guys joke about the suit...

› Show Spoiler

wering suits "ironically" because they dont suit your usual style is as old as shitting.

Los Angeles, CA
SuperBustySamuraiMonkey wrote:
Mrwimmer wrote:

You guys joke about the suit...

› Show Spoiler

wering suits "ironically" because they dont suit your usual style is as old as shitting.

Suit's not ironic at all.  I like the way I look in it and it fits my music and my performance styles.  I really hate the surge of hipsters that think that irony is more valuable than sincerity.

u look like andy from parks n rec, at least in that pic

Washington, PA
defPREMIUM wrote:

u look like andy from parks n rec, at least in that pic

He really does. If he put on aviator sunglasses, he'd look like Bert Macklin.

Milwaukee, WI

hairtune