World

Last edited by luftek (Aug 8, 2017 8:16 pm)

World

Last edited by luftek (Aug 8, 2017 8:16 pm)

Michigan

Would you like CC?
The board is trivial. If you beat the prices of other board then make it, otherwise no. Intercepting a signal with a NOT gate is not up to the standards of what the two of our minds should be creating. You and I both know this. Let us move on to the more innovative of developments.

Michigan

Believe in yourself.

World

Last edited by luftek (Aug 8, 2017 8:15 pm)

Cleveland, OH

It's a good idea for sure. The PCB is WAY bigger than it needs to be. But my soon to be released Hex Switch v1.3 AND Hex Switch v2 will solve all these problems.

SLC, UT

Jazzmaraz is an inspiring high school sports coach from a movie.

World

Last edited by luftek (Aug 8, 2017 8:13 pm)

Cleveland, OH

Since it's out there I might as well show you what I'm working on.
I decided to do away with through holes for once because it saves a lot of space with such a big IC. Regardless of the IC this PCB would have still needed to be about 3/8" x 3/8". Which is how big it is now. If I'm happy with this batch then this kit should be released in a bout a month.

World

Sweeeeeeden

On one hand I'm kind of surprised no one did a PCB version of the XOR mod, on the other hand, I'm kind of not. What is the use of this mod? The point of inventing it for me was to use for experimentation, to be able to quickly flick between the two modes. But when would you need/want to this in a finished installation?

World

Cleveland, OH
nitro2k01 wrote:

On one hand I'm kind of surprised no one did a PCB version of the XOR mod, on the other hand, I'm kind of not. What is the use of this mod? The point of inventing it for me was to use for experimentation, to be able to quickly flick between the two modes. But when would you need/want to this in a finished installation?

I had customers asking for a hex switch mod years ago. So many were asking for it that I needed to make the mod easier on myself. So I came out with the Hex Switch kit and started selling it. It's been a big hit so I guess you would really have to ask other people.
I came up with this one to make the actual switching component easier. Personally I don't have a lot of mods in my Game Boys but a lot of people like stuff like this. Most Game Boy mods that are popular aren't exactly useful but I think aesthetics are a big thing for people.

Cleveland, OH
luftek wrote:

nice clean design.
I like your trough hole design, just had a problem to source 1 small enough chip (dual, quads are so big) so it will be using 2 single ones.
size of a my and your board are there there. mine with this huge signature is 13x11 mm (without could be 13x8 mm) smile

I see you are using same IC (true logic) as I am

XOR gates

, just that you went with a quad

Man you kidnapped my tread tongue joking

Haha sorry man hmm

Using two separate ICs is a cool idea for saving space. I just figured it would make tracing and assembly more annoying. This way the kit is pretty simple for me to design and build.

Last edited by thursdaycustoms (Aug 30, 2013 8:24 pm)

World

Cleveland, OH
luftek wrote:

I rather like the discussion. I will see how this saving is useful, because I use really small components. Yes It will certainly be good for your eyes (decent size IC)

Right on. I don't see a resistor or capacitor. How are you switching it? Just a straight up short?