Dallas/Fort Worth, TX

nordloef beat me to it.

Last edited by MicroD (Aug 30, 2013 4:45 pm)

Madriz, Supain
Mrwimmer wrote:
SuperBustySamuraiMonkey wrote:

wering suits "ironically" because they dont suit your usual style is as old as shitting.

Suit's not ironic at all.  I like the way I look in it and it fits my music and my performance styles.  I really hate the surge of hipsters that think that irony is more valuable than sincerity.

Thats why I used fucking quotes. Some of my homies are old school mods and definetely they dont wear them ironically, but we all have a friend in a rap/metal/rock/punk/pop band who said one day "hey, we should wear a suit someday"

To be completely honest, I think suits are a must on every man's closet.

UK, Leicester

I just wear coloured hoodies (usually with some kind of gaming tee underneath), black skinny jeans and converse.

I don't wear clothes that really reflect the music I listen to because otherwise I'd have all kind of weird combinations, such as snapbacks and trenchcoats.

TX

Glowsticks. Just glowsticks.

Nottingham, UK

TX

That's for folk music, silly.

Nottingham, UK

Austin, TX

Reading through 6 pages of replies for this topic just made my day.

TX
Jazzmarazz wrote:

Children wear underoos if memory serves.

I missed this on first read-through but it might be the best sentence

Canada

This thread is stupid.
I wear shirts and shorts. Usually no underpants or socks.
happy?

Last edited by Jansaw (Aug 30, 2013 7:03 pm)

NC in the US of America
Jansaw wrote:

This thread is stupid.
I wear shirts and shorts. Usually no underpants or socks.
happy?

Suddenly I am seeing your avatar in a new light

Edit: this kind of discussion is what IRC chat is for... #chipmusic on esper.net yo

Last edited by SketchMan3 (Aug 30, 2013 7:48 pm)

hiding under your bed
SuperBustySamuraiMonkey wrote:
Mrwimmer wrote:

Suit's not ironic at all.  I like the way I look in it and it fits my music and my performance styles.  I really hate the surge of hipsters that think that irony is more valuable than sincerity.

Thats why I used fucking quotes. Some of my homies are old school mods and definetely they dont wear them ironically, but we all have a friend in a rap/metal/rock/punk/pop band who said one day "hey, we should wear a suit someday"

To be completely honest, I think suits are a must on every man's closet.

Agreeing with this 100%.
Only reason I don't wear 'em more is because I need a couple more and with my current work schedule I don't often have a chance to tbqh.

Tucson, AZ
BLACK

Last edited by DivingTacos (Feb 7, 2021 9:30 am)

Joliette, QC, Canada

Every chipchooners needs this !!! tongue
http://chipmusic.org/forums/topic/12065 … ave-pants/

NC in the US of America
DivingTacos wrote:
breakfastsquid wrote:

like holy shit why would you even ask this question are you serious

what the fuck genres do you listen to where there's a certain style of clothing associated with them without a doubt

I am serious, but I seriously can't believe some people find this question offensive.

Because it's contrived and you are attempting to contrive a set uniform and dress code instead of just letting people be themselves and letting it evolve naturally from people interacting with each other. Plus chipmusic is so multifaceted in styles and genres that you can't just throw everybody under the same blanket.

Ideally a person who listens to chipmusic should be wearing the clothes that he or she is wearing when listening to chipmusic.

Last edited by SketchMan3 (Aug 31, 2013 3:12 am)