Costa Mesa, CA

Not too sure how many of you are in/ around Orange County but I thought I'd start putting myself out there while I formulate my new plan to get back on my feet musically.
Formerly known as Dr. "dumb clone wars mask wearing doofus can't write house for shit" Treble, I wanted to start making more rock-based music, something that hits closer to home for me and something I can get behind better.
Unfortunately being in a new area and having some scenes fall through my fingers I've been stagnant for over six months, and I recently put out a mini album of instrumentals.

My focus for live acts will be fun, lighthearted songs, covers, possible dancing, etc. While Mainly only using 1xLSDJ for recordings I'll probably bring other equipment such as keyboard, guitar, random music generators, etc for fun.

I was wondering what else is going on in the scene or who I should talk to or go to watch some shows and start getting involved in the area.
Specifically I'm located in South West Orange County, Costa Mesa, really close to Huntington Beach, Santa Ana, Garden Grove, and Anaheim (20 minutes side streets drive to Disney parks). I've literally been moping this entire time since I've relocated in February instead of seeing what's going on so I thought I'd post and see if anyone has any information for me.

Abandoned on Fire

You could start with https://www.facebook.com/8bitla and move outwards from there.  Not sure how big Orange and Los Angeles counties are but surely it's not to crazy of drive from one to the other.

Unsubscribe

Look for Dasid or Wizwars.. theys cool.

Costa Mesa, CA
egr wrote:

You could start with https://www.facebook.com/8bitla and move outwards from there.  Not sure how big Orange and Los Angeles counties are but surely it's not to crazy of drive from one to the other.

Unless I'm driving between the hours of like 10am-12pm or 2-4pm there's ridiculous traffic. I'd rather commute to San Diego, especially since I have friends there and regularly go there. It's worth a shot maybe, though. I'm doing some internet digging on the side for OC stuff just thought I'd see if anyone had any input. Thanks though!

Costa Mesa, CA
herr_prof wrote:

Look for Dasid or Wizwars.. theys cool.

never talked to Dasid before, tried talking to Wizwars but it was a bad time for him (like 6/7 months ago) there was a lot going on and I got discouraged by it for some reason I might try again...

Unsubscribe

Pretty much all the events are going to either be in sd or downtown LA. Someone should try to get a chip show going at something like The Continental, Alex's Bar, or the Burger Records shop.

Costa Mesa, CA
herr_prof wrote:

Pretty much all the events are going to either be in sd or downtown LA. Someone should try to get a chip show going at something like The Continental, Alex's Bar, or the Burger Records shop.

Sounds like someone is based in and/or knowledgeable of North OC, nice to meet you. Wish I had known about these venues before these sound great. I'd be happy to start getting some contacts and get things going myself I'd love to organize things myself.

Unsubscribe

I just moved out.. but good luck!

Los Angeles

Last edited by dasid (Sep 1, 2013 6:50 pm)

Los Angeles

im cool!

hey ya hit me up on fb https://www.facebook.com/davidthorn
im from north oc originally and have contacts there and such and have some ideas about doing some shows somewhere  there this coming year. (i sound like dr suess)

but right now i would hit up seth from 8bitweapon because they're doing a monthly, club microwave, in noho.  they probably would be happy to welcome any new acts

San Diego, CA

Nyc transplant here missing a regular scene. San Diego doesn't seem to be very active and don't have a regular car to make trips up to LA hmm

San Diego, CA

I'll apologize for SD being inactive -- we haven't been throwing shows very often. you're welcome to try and get something going, and I'm willing to help if you're down to do it (I can tell you about venues and stuff like that), but I've been too busy and burned out on the scene to attempt to throw shows and stuff

San Diego, CA

No need for apologies! Once I get my own life in order I would love to help put events together. Only been here two months so it's nice to know there is a SoCal scene. I hope OP hasn't given up on a playing a show!