Outer Space
Victory Road wrote:

are there any specific requirements for the project in terms of the number of sample groups or IVs? if you've already got a dmg collection (i mean what else do chip music people use amirite? tongue), you can investigate how different game boy cpu revisions keep time, using cpu load and tempo as blocking variables. do you need to do a statistical analysis?

Yeah I'm pretty sure we're gonna have to analyze the data one way or another. (and yes I think I have a couple of those dmg things just lying around... smile )

Gosford, Australia
OmO wrote:

Now the real question, what kind of plant would like to listen to chiptune? Any thoughts? haha.

http://www.bambooki.com/blog/ten-fastes … ees-seeds/

then you just need to decide whether your DV will be plant size or maturation (and what your operational definition of these things will be).
oh my god i actually love designing experiments and research what is happening to me

Gosford, Australia
OmO wrote:

Yeah I'm pretty sure we're gonna have to analyze the data one way or another. (and yes I think I have a couple of those dmg things just lying around... smile )

alrighty then! i dunno how much stats you've had to learn so far, but if you haven't done one-way ANOVAs yet then a latin squares design is probably going overboard. easier to stick with the plant stuff or something so that you only have to worry about a single factor.

Last edited by Victory Road (Sep 5, 2013 3:50 am)

Outer Space
Victory Road wrote:
OmO wrote:

Now the real question, what kind of plant would like to listen to chiptune? Any thoughts? haha.

http://www.bambooki.com/blog/ten-fastes … ees-seeds/

then you just need to decide whether your DV will be plant size or maturation (and what your operational definition of these things will be).
oh my god i actually love designing experiments and research what is happening to me

Dude, you are the best! Thanks you and everyone for all the help. I may keep you guys updated on how the projects going, but you guys probably don't care. Just rest easy knowing you've helped me a bunch! big_smile heart

you could have a plant listen to music and see what happens idk just an idea

Outer Space
defPREMIUM wrote:

Yeah that's looking like what I'm gonna end up doing. I am most likely going to use a couple different tones and not a song which I believe kitsch suggested earlier. Just got to get the idea approved. I wasn't looking for a super revolutionary project, but this is still cool.

Chicago
Dire Hit wrote:

You could blare shitbird through speakers all the time and record how fast you lose normal friends.

My preliminary research shows quickly

Earth
OmO wrote:
defPREMIUM wrote:

Yeah that's looking like what I'm gonna end up doing. I am most likely going to use a couple different tones and not a song which I believe kitsch suggested earlier. Just got to get the idea approved. I wasn't looking for a super revolutionary project, but this is still cool.

As long as you're going that route, why not do minor scales vs. major or something? People always say that minor is 'sad'.  Maybe those plants will look emo.

Outer Space
breakphase wrote:

As long as you're going that route, why not do minor scales vs. major or something? People always say that minor is 'sad'.  Maybe those plants will look emo.

This is also a good idea (although I'm pretty sure the plants won't put on make-up and start hating their fathers) ...hmmm, I'll think about it. I neglected to mention I am working with a partner. I'll talk with him about it.

rememebr to use plants with no music as a control group because if youre testing 100khz square wave vs 1000khz square wave and it turns out plants are deaf you will seem silly

Brunswick, GA USA

I always wanted to get one Guinea pig and two cages, decorate both cages the same way, then name the Guinea pig "Control."