http://wearecrying.bandcamp.com/

Last edited by Ryan Galloway (Sep 2, 2013 8:27 pm)

[removed]

Last edited by Feryl (Feb 19, 2024 8:18 pm)

austin, tx

been listening to this EP for about the past 2 weeks (thx Ryan for the early demos), and it's really stuck.

little moments – "forget the numbers," "I'm not a witch," "what'll be left of me when I'm 51?" – found a way to drill inside my head, amidst the neon melodies and big drum fills, and remain there for days.

really like the fact that there's just 4 elements to all the songs – gameboy, drums, guitar, Elaiza – but every element feels like it has its place and keeps me interested.

hope to see y'all play a show sometime, your songs have tons of energy!

ohio gozaimasu

This sounds super nice! Kinda like what chalkboards says, the little moments really elevate things to a new level.

Last edited by Cooshinator (Sep 3, 2013 2:00 am)

California, United States

This is pretty cool, I enjoyed it ^_^

Gosford, Australia

yes this is actually grrrreat
now i need a crying x chalkboards split, go go go

Last edited by Victory Road (Sep 3, 2013 1:45 am)

Florida

Listening to this now. Vacation is soooooo nice!

Oh man, this could've been a seriously amazing release but the production is TERRIBLE. The potential this group has is killing me, definitely look into getting a better vocal mix next time.

ohio gozaimasu

Where the hell is everyone getting this "bad vocal mix" idea? I might just be a fan of underwhelming vocals but the mix sounds quite good to me.

Last edited by Cooshinator (Sep 3, 2013 2:29 am)

Gosford, Australia

re vocal mix: it's stark, but charming and deliberate. not everyone's cup of tea! but i really like it. maybe my headphones colour them more nicely?

Washington, PA

I'm really digging this... great job!

Australia

heart

Last edited by flower cat (Sep 3, 2013 6:47 am)

[removed]

Last edited by Feryl (Feb 19, 2024 8:18 pm)

I appreciate everyone that listened/downloaded! Every criticism is welcome and being taken into consideration for the inevitable next release.

But also, if you're close to SUNY Purchase in Westchester county (about an hour away from the city) and you liked this, you should come to the show tomorrow! We're opening for Pity Sex, LVL UP, and a few other super cool bands.

http://pitysex.tumblr.com/post/58918106 … ack-at-the
(I made the poster)

Matthew Joseph Payne

This is super good!