Douglas, Wyoming

I am trying to create the kick from mr. Spastic's absolution. A very soft but punchy kick. Any help/patches?

Last edited by Monotron (Sep 5, 2013 7:14 pm)

Unsubscribe

Sounds like a layered NES triangle kick with a midines drum sample.. since you cant do that in lsdj Id try layering a triangle wav kick and a noise channel click, but I think triangle kicks sound way smoother and punchier on a NES then they do in lsdj's wav synth.

Last edited by herr_prof (Sep 5, 2013 4:40 pm)

NC in the US of America

but I think triangle kicks sound way smoother and punchier on a NES then they do in lsdj's wav synth.

... So you might want to adjust the waveform accordingly to get it sounding stronger.
Alternatively, if you want to try some synth wizardry you could try to find the midiness drum sample that was used in the track and analyze it, split it into single cycles, then merge those cycles with a single-cycle triangle waveform to see how they should look, then manually draw it into the wave screen :S

big_smile

Oh also, do you think you could post/embed a youtube video or mp3 of the song to your post?

Ciudad de méxico, MX

Haven't looked LSDJ on six months (LOL) but here is my attempt.

Draw a triangle on the synth. Put a table on it with the P command for the pitch bend. use C5 or C6 (use whatever you like) It will be really silent. Experiment with the volume.

You can add a nice layering with the NOI channel. Also, if you're crafty enough, use PU1 or PU2 for and extra spice. (clicky silent Vxx pitch bends, like little kicks that sum up).

the overall result should output a very soft (and at a very low volume) triangle with square-esque and noise punchy kick. Use your volumes wisely on your mix.

Unsubscribe
SketchMan3 wrote:

... So you might want to adjust the waveform accordingly to get it sounding stronger.

I think there is no way to get that kind of octave depth and clean pitchsweep using a single cycle wav channel versus the 2a03, but would be happy to be proven wrong.

@herr_prof I bet if you were to use a table with a flicker between E3 and E0, based on having the right tempo and such, you might be able to make it seem like the pitch being played is sounding an octave lower. It would probably require some crazy math though.

Venezuela

You can't, you need more spastic in your life!...

Douglas, Wyoming
ui wrote:

you need more spastic in your life!

Well this is always a given