Devon UK

Hi there.

Does anyone else have a problem with a constant background drone on GB Micro running Nanoloop using headphones? It's great if you want to write bagpipe music.... Any suggestions? I've tried a couple of different pairs of headphones, both quite modern.

Regards,

Robin.

Germany

i have the same problem. afaik its related to your micro model, not the headphones. some models have lots of headphone noise, some dont.
my model is OXY-001.

Devon UK

Funny thing is, when I start up the GB there's no background hum. It only starts when Nanoloop starts up. So I'm thinking it's somehow related to the software?

the hum is nanoloop trying to sing along stop being so rude it's voice isn't that bad

its

Robin wrote:

Funny thing is, when I start up the GB there's no background hum. It only starts when Nanoloop starts up. So I'm thinking it's somehow related to the software?

I think this is related to the flash memory on the nanoloop cart. It's much more audible on the micro than sp in my experience.
This of course differs from gba to gba as well...  Cleanest output I've had from nanoloop is with a DS Lite.

Last edited by _-_- (Sep 16, 2013 10:09 pm)

Ciudad de méxico, MX

Yeah, I have used nanoloop 2.6 on GBA, GBA micro and NDS lite.

by far, the cleanest sound comes from the NDS lite.

Cleveland, OH

You could also try powered headphones(ones that take batteries). A lot of them cut out noise pretty well. Or I bet you could open the Micro up, try to find a place to install a capacitor to cut some of the noise down. I doubt there is any room for that though!