Taichung, Taiwan

Bleep Bloop

USB Bleep Bloop

Smartboy Cart

Drag'n'Derp

32M EMS Smart Card

64M EMS USB Smart Card

ASM Retro FIGHTERCART

Last edited by katsumbhong (Sep 27, 2013 2:17 am)

Cleveland, OH

NYC

GB USB 64M cartridge is great.  Keep pressing F8 before Windows starts loading up so you can choose the option to bypass that driver signature enforcement crap.  Makes it much easier to use.

Sweeeeeeden

Nintendo Power official white cartridge

White Nintendo Power Gameboy cartridge
Higher res versions

Nintendo Power Gameboy white cartridge
Higher res versions

Yellow Nanoloop cartridge

Yellow Nanoloop cartridge
Higher res versions

Yellow Nanoloop cartridge back side
Higher res versions

Yellow Nanoloop cartridge PCB front
Higher res versions

Yellow Nanoloop cartridge PCB back
Higher res versions

Different EMS cartridges

EMS Gameboy cartridges
Higher res versions

EMS 64M USB cartridge (Different board revision from above)

Inside EMS 64M USB Gameboy cartridge
Higher res versions

EMS 32M blue cartridge, two board revisions

Inside EMS 32M rev 1 Gameboy cartridge
Higher res versions

Inside EMS 32M rev 2 Gameboy cartridge
Higher res versions

Bonus pics, various cartridge mods/fixes:

Bleepbloop cartridge, fixed crack
Higher res versions
This is someone's cartridge where I was asked to fix a problem, not this crack. The crack had happened because the USB connector is applying stress to the top part of the shell on bleepbloop carts. When I got the cartridge, it was smaller, but I tried to cut open the case to release the stress. That's when the crack opened up more. I had to improvise and fixed it with some super glue.

Gameboy cartridge cap reserve
Higher res versions
This is a cartridge that this guy sent me for free way back in 2008. However, he had chosen the wrong kind of SRAM chip which drained the battery in just a few months instead of many years. He generously did offer me to send it back and have this fixed for free (thanks) but I opted for a different solution as I already had another GB cartridge with working saving at that point. I added a big capacitor bank that is charged when you power up the cartridge. This lasts for a couple of minutes, which is enough for the various experiments I uses this cartridge for.

Derpie USB fix
Higher res versions
This is a drag'n'derp cartridge where the USB connector. I want to stress that this is not a manufacturing problem or product deficiency. I was literally doing a drop test of a Gameboy, with the cartridge inserted, from 0.5-1 m heights. What I didn't think would matter was that I had a very short micro USB cable connected, but it did. (Ooops!) The micro USB socket on the board came off, and brought the PCB pads with it, so I couldn't simply resolder it. To the rescue, a friend of mine had micro USB adapter boards he had designed for USB charger adapters of some kind which did the job perfectly. This derp cart PCB now sits in a blue EMS cartridge shell, to accommodate the extra height.

Sweeeeeeden

Now, I have a request for you, katsumbhong. Get these pic off of Photobucket and onto a better service, like Flickr. I have a personal problem with Photobucket because they tend to break Google Image search by making the direct image links redirect to the photo info page, and then the image sometimes won't load. But apart from that, I expect them to delete the images if you don't log in for a certain period of time. Nothing more annoying than broken links...

Taichung, Taiwan

Have been using Photobucket on and off since 2005. Hasn't seem to give me any trouble except for 2 or 3 photos in that entire time. I will look into getting that Flickr account!

I'll post up some pics of my emerger cart.

Washington, PA

My first and only cart is a Drag N Derp and it was well-worth the investment. Not sure why they're out of stock at all the US stores, but even paying for international shipping is worth it for how convenient it is.

Columbus, Indiana
katsumbhong wrote:

32M EMS Smart Card

I recognize this

Taichung, Taiwan
meanwun wrote:
katsumbhong wrote:

32M EMS Smart Card

I recognize this

wink

Michigan

What I thought to be a silly, show-off's thread, has already been of use to me. Thanks guys. xP

(219) Indiana, USA

Not mine but still interesting:

Michigan

Can we get a higher Res derp photo? I want the level shifter IDs.
Tak

Taichung, Taiwan
Jazzmarazz wrote:

What I thought to be a silly, show-off's thread, has already been of use to me. Thanks guys. xP

I wanted to make an informational thread.

Michigan

And it has been.

Taichung, Taiwan

I'll try to get better photos of the chips when I het home. Which one did you want to see in more detail?