Jelly Stone park, MD USA
scannerboy wrote:

im still not sure if you are referring to the swinsid x2 board or a stereoswinsid from schrab. Nonetheless I think that the easiest option would be to put a nanoswinsid in every sid socket and then remove the redundant components from the board.

Something along the lines of Schrabikus' design, sized to fit the MB6582 layout. I thought about ready made nanoswinsids, can't recall the EU shop that was/is selling them, but the cost is close to the cost of a real SID and I have the tool chain to burn my own Megas, so...

scannerboy wrote:

Exactly what error are you getting?

This has popped up with both 6.3 & 6.8
"Loading D:/Downloads/Docs/SWIN SID/Swin Sammich/base.sch ...

Error:

line 1, column 123: This is not an EAGLE file."
So don't know whats up but the PDFs are fine for me.

Poland, Gdansk

OK, so the case came out ok.

The synth will look a little bit like this

Don't look at the wires on the left. They are here because I had to reverse the polarity of the lcd backlight. In the final version I've added options for that on the bottom pcb.

Also I've moved the lcd window 1mm to the left.

So it's time for me to do a final review of the prices and I'll contact the guys who PM'd me.

PS: I've added the case file in the first post.

Last edited by scannerboy (Jun 11, 2013 5:51 pm)

Turku, FIN

Ooo, very nice indeed

sweden

Beautiful

Poland, Gdansk

shameless bump http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3u8GeHkg3PA

We can still make it happen wink

sweden

cool. do you have its ready or soon? I prob. have money available end of this month.

Last edited by obk1 (Aug 7, 2013 10:15 pm)

Michigan

I love your creation! I am also working on a project with the SwinSID and I think they are just great. I can't buy one of your boards this time around, but I may be interested next time. Keep up the good work!

Hi all,
I'm the proud buyer of scannerboy's sammichsid clone.
I must say I'm not disappointed:
- works out of the box
- well designed, channel leds are cool
- sounds great! Powerful basses, warm pads,  screaming leads.  There's a bit of  aliasing sometimes, but it's barely noticeable. And stereo presets are just massive.

So here's a happy customer for this nice project.
Cheers and keep up the good work.
yv2149

Barcelona

Hi,

eagle files and pdf are no longer avialable. Any chance to have them uploaded again?

Thanks in advance!

Italy

I'm a bit late for the party sorry, seems like a really interesting project, I think it would have some more potential with a new, redesigned user interface. I have a SammichSID but I've only made a couple of patches on it, because the whole thing is so cumbersome to program.
Something more along the lines of the Shruthi-1 would be nice.
Well just saying, in case someone wants to try again with something like this.
Btw. I'm wondering why all the downloads, videos and sound demos have disappeared...

Unsubscribe

Btw the sammichsid is way better using a vst or max4live to edit it... super fun.

Italy

yeah, but that will mean using a computer wink

Poland, Gdansk

Hi, sorry for the dead links. I'll update them ASAP.

Actually I thought about making a SID board for use with the shruthi-1 control board. It would of course involve developing a custom firmware.

Maybe I will look into that again if my polivoks ambika voicecard will meet with enough interest.

Last edited by scannerboy (Jan 14, 2014 8:04 am)

Italy

I think making a SID board for the Shruthi could be cool, but quite challenging. The Shruthi control board was made to work with analog filters, the SID is a synth-on-a-chip thing and hence might prove a bit tricky to get to work with the Shruthi. Probably it would be better to do something from scratch, but I reckon this mean a lot of work! But then if you had to develop a custom firmware anyway, probably it would be easier to start from scratch.
Polivoks voicecard for the Ambika could be cool, probably something you'd use as a monophonic voice on it. I don't have an Ambika though... but I have a Polivoks Shruthi-1 and love it!

Poland, Gdansk

Really the shruthi-1 control board is just a microcontroler with a an lcd screen, midi, some buttons, pots and two connectors to the lower pcb. With the right firmware it could work similiar to the ambika control board where the cards are stand alone synths.

Barcelona

Thanks for the upload!! But I´m having a weird problem with sch.... I can only see power section! The rest of the circuit is missing. Using eagle 6.1, not sure if this is affecting....