This all depends on if i have money when you are collecting, and the prices:

Atari 2600 32K ROM-Only cartridge- probably one of these, but I need to get some more info (my supercharger is in a box somewhere.  I  hope.) 

Apple II SD -to-floppy adapter- I am very interested in this.  I am pretty sure it would quickly pay for itself since I won't have to buy more disks at $1 or more each.  If the price is right I might be interested in a few.

z80 dev board- did I miss some details on this? I might be up for this.

They look amazing! I'm really excited. The back made my day, I really appreciate you doing this. I vote z80 dev board.

Michigan
rygD wrote:

z80 dev board- did I miss some details on this? I might be up for this.

No, I just threw the idea out there because it was something I always wanted. I designed a board WAY back when I was only etching boards myself by hand. Now that I can lighten up on my personal design-rules (thick traces, one-sided, DIP only) because I can get them professionally printed, I will be redesigning it. The redesign will be complete with many more capabilities such as serial (or USB), ps/2, composite video, rom, ram and easy-access pins for development. It will also run Microsoft Basic.

I haven't decided if I will be designing it as a single-board computer or a stackable "arduino-esque" deal. Anyhow, it will be the shit and it looks like many people want it as my next printing!

I may just print some Atari carts from OSHpark myself because of their very small size, so we might see those sooner. I also forgot to say that the ROM only version will now be a 64K cartridge.

Last edited by Jazzmarazz (Sep 14, 2013 6:23 am)

I like the idea of serial AND usb

Michigan

I can look into it. It doesn't require very many a dress bits and there a few free as it is currently.

Michigan

Either Sunday night, or Monday I hope to get most if not all of these boards completed. In the meantime, I will create a thread to discuss the up-and-coming z80 development board....check it out.

heart yay

Michigan

SO CLOSE! GET EXCITE!

ANd for those of you who are interested, I am still loving my XPOWER 852D+

Last edited by Jazzmarazz (Sep 17, 2013 9:50 pm)

Matthew Joseph Payne

YUSSSSSSSSSSSS

Straya Mate

I AM EXCITE. PERHAPS TOO EXCITE.

Michigan

Don't mess your pants just yet. lol

Awesome!

Michigan

Its bed time right now, but I have been working on an extensive tutorial for the two people who ordered blank boards rather than completes. It covers everything from ICs to through-hole components to programming your FT232 eeprom and finally the 8515. I have learned a lot from this project and have had even more fun doing it. For those of you who ordered complete boards, I ask that you still read my post to see what kind of work went into the boards:

http://jazz-disassemblies.blogspot.com/ … bly-1.html

I have only a few more to program and then they will ship. Again, GET EXCITE. big_smile

I look forward to our next board printing, whatever it may be.

Nice work.  For the programmer boards, please charge extra.  I know you can't make any profit on these without certain people here getting there panties in a twist, but at least you could make a little from the programmer boards.  Very well thought out meticulous work.  Cheers.

SLC, UT

Just read through your blog. Very nice work. Thank you for relentlessly documenting everything.

Any tips for someone interested in this on where to start?

Michigan
stargazer wrote:

Just read through your blog. Very nice work. Thank you for relentlessly documenting everything.

Any tips for someone interested in this on where to start?

INterested in obtaining a programmer? Would you like to purchase one or would you like to prototype one for yourself?

If we do these boards again guys, I will probably look into a different cart connector. I was alerted of a GBA replacement which is surface mounted and commercially available so no more donor-boys.
http://dx.com/p/repair-parts-replacemen … lite-37787

I would need to buy one first before making an eagle library though. I hope they are able to hold a GB cart snug.

Last edited by Jazzmarazz (Sep 24, 2013 2:32 am)