bed

gone

Last edited by sprusr (Jan 28, 2018 11:00 pm)

Cleveland, OH

Maybe uncheck Game Boy color mode when flashing the cart? Never tried this so it's just a guess.

Philadelphia
thursdaycustoms wrote:

Maybe uncheck Game Boy color mode when flashing the cart? Never tried this so it's just a guess.

That's what I was thinking. Reflash the rom, make sure that box ("Color") is not checked. Then test it on the DMG first.

bed

gone

Sweeeeeeden

Do you hear the po-ling sound if you wait the time it normally takes for the logo to scroll down the screen? Can you adjust the contrast when the EMS cartridge is inserted, or does it always stay the same contrast?

My theory is that the PCB isn't properly seated inside the cartridge and shorts something out when inserted to a DMG. Open up the case and lift the PCB and put it back. Be careful when you lift the PCB, as it may be stuck down with double sided adhesive tape.

I'm also noting that that is an EMS 64M USB cartridge in a shell originally designed for the older EMS 32M cartridges.

bed
nitro2k01 wrote:

Do you hear the po-ling sound if you wait the time it normally takes for the logo to scroll down the screen? Can you adjust the contrast when the EMS cartridge is inserted, or does it always stay the same contrast?

My theory is that the PCB isn't properly seated inside the cartridge and shorts something out when inserted to a DMG. Open up the case and lift the PCB and put it back. Be careful when you lift the PCB, as it may be stuck down with double sided adhesive tape.

I'm also noting that that is an EMS 64M USB cartridge in a shell originally designed for the older EMS 32M cartridges.

Great observation! It's actually a pre-production 64M. It was the last in stock from where I got it, but it was local and cheap so I went for it.
I've just done what you suggested, as there is indeed no 'po-ling' or the ability to control contrast. I lifted the board out of the plastic and put it back in again, but it's had no effect. Is there some guide I should be aligning to?

EDIT: Well... It would now appear that my save battery is dead. Could be what was causing all of this, although why it would is beyond me. If however in the meantime anybody has any suggestions regardless of the battery, I would be very thankful! Will update with progress.

Last edited by sprusr (Sep 19, 2013 6:41 pm)

Sweeeeeeden

It could be. You should probably be replacing it anyway, so...

bed

gone

bed

gone

Last edited by sprusr (Jan 28, 2018 11:01 pm)