More info here: http://www.prophet64-forum.com/viewtopic.php?id=1686
and here are instructions: http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuse … =529155468
It works in cubase, ableton, fruity loops, renoise, reaper and probably in all Windows Vst hosts.

Last edited by lukass (Feb 15, 2010 11:34 pm)

New York City

Good work on these VSTs, but is it possible for you to make one for Sequencer? The Bassline and Mono modes fo MSSIAH are quite limited in my opinion.

York, Yorkshire

They are more limited, but they're for different things really.  The bassline is for those at home with 303 step sequencing and isn't really meant to capture the sound of the SID, and the monosynth is for those who want a nice simple monosynth, again not really SID sounding.

I agree, the sequencer will really unlock the full potential of the SID, but there are so many controls the interface is gonna be a bitch!  I'm sure one will appear, but one step at a time, let's see how the monosynth goes, help Luke perfect it (if required) and take it from there.

If course if nothing appears in 6 months we all need to hunt him down and beat him with sticks until he builds it big_smile

Last edited by BitPop (Feb 15, 2010 12:47 pm)

I was hoping to make them all, mono synthesizer is my favorite app on Mssiah so i made it first, next should be drummer wich supposed to be ready in 2 weeks. After that bassline and sequencer. But I'm a bit disappointed by the lack of interest at the moment so will see to be honest. 
Cheers

England

Excellent work! Operates very nicely here on my Cubase 5.

Thank you.

Italy

yeah great plugin!
Just one thing for those people, who like me use reaper. You might think this is an fx vst, and have a track sending noted to the MSSIAH the normal way and use this VST as an insert FX. Reaper lets you do this, but it will mess with your C64 and mute your sounds on the SID. so use it as a normal virtual instrument plugin. As you will guess it's an error I made, but I though maybe I am not the only one smile

Thanks for your help rumpelfilter, I updated instructions.

New York City
lukass wrote:

I was hoping to make them all, mono synthesizer is my favorite app on Mssiah so i made it first, next should be drummer wich supposed to be ready in 2 weeks. After that bassline and sequencer. But I'm a bit disappointed by the lack of interest at the moment so will see to be honest. 
Cheers

+No man dont give up! This is cool!
But I think the people of chipmusic, atr least the kids, are a bit cheap asses tongue

São Paulo, Brazil

looks beautiful, congratulations! too bad I use mac, but I'll download 'em anyway and keep it stored (who knows, maybe tomorrow I'm on windows again).

I want give up. I'll make other vst's. Maybe Mono Synthesizer on Mssiah is limited but with sid2sid those leads sound HUGE.

Italy

They sound HUGE even without the sid2sid thing... sometimes you'd think it's some old phat analogue syth instead of a cheap plastic home computer... but then the SID is a real DCO based analogue synth...

When I made presets for vst I was gobsmacked by the sound, I mention sid2sid coz subtle difference in 2 sid sound makes it sound even  phatter.  I'm hoping smoeone more talented in sound designing will make some kick ass bank for that vst.
Anyway I started work on Drummer thing tonight.

california

Thank you for this lukass. I was planning on making a vst, but this looks great. I am making a reaktor patch for interfacing with osc devices, such as my ipod touch. I'll put that somewhere when it's finished.

lukass wrote:

I'm hoping smoeone more talented in sound designing will make some kick ass bank for that vst.

I don't know how talented I am, but I'll upload what I make with it.

Last edited by gizmo (Dec 13, 2010 9:26 pm)

Warwickshire, UK

Any idea on where I can get this now please?

Toronto, Canada

First hit on google when you search mssiah monosynth controller is the guy's website.

http://total-kontrol.webs.com/apps/webs … ow/1266528

He may take a few days to get back to you with the DL links to the products once you buy it.

There's also a good app for iPad too, not by the same guy

https://itunes.apple.com/ca/app/monosyn … 43614?mt=8

Warwickshire, UK

Oh, lol. Right, got it, thanks for that - didn't realise it was the same thing. Yeah, saw the iPad one too - nice - just need a damn iPad now.