UK Based

Hey guys
I'm having problems transferring the LSDJ tracks on my 64M USB smart card to my computer (using the GB USB smart card software.)
I've tried it on the latest version 1.0.4, and the version before, but every time I hook up my cart via USB the software doesn't detect it at all, it still says "device disconnected" at the bottom. Because there's no device connected I can't click any of the options and there's no menu or settings section or anything.
The USB cable is fine as the computer tells me a device has connected every time I plug in the cart.

Anyone else have the same problems or got any pro tips to help a bro out? :(
Any other not too convoluted ways to transfer songs from cart to MAC/PC?
How do you guys transfer your cart track to computer? :/
Sorry for all the questions!

Thanks for your help! ^^

Savannah, Georgia

what OS are you working with, and have you installed the drivers as per kitsch-bent's instructions in the description here? they're likely not to work otherwise

UK Based

I was originally attempting it on a 32bit windows OS, so I downloaded the driver and software from the link but unfortunately as I said I can't quite get it to work sad
If the problem persists I'll try out the MAC alpha software approach, which I'm sure will work, but just sucks that I couldn't get the actual software to work on PC hmm
For some reason every time something involves using the MAC Terminal I get nervous haha, it just looks scary

UK Based

Thanks for your help btw!

Boise, ID

I have tried it with both systems, and I must say I prefer the Mac way. I was nervous at first to mess around with Terminal also, but the tutorial is very easy to follow. It's kind of fun too if you've had no prior experience with it like myself smile

Did you take the cart out of the gameboy before connecting?

NYC

Try this:  Reboot windows.  Before windows starts loading up, keep on pressing the F8 button repeatedly until you see a special menu with a whole bunch of different options come up.  One of the last options is to Disable Driver Signature Enforcement.  Choose that option, & it will load up windows without it checking any drivers for signatures.  With that disabled, the driver will now work, & it should be able to recognize your cartridge when you plug it in (as long as you have the drivers installed).  That's the only way I work with mine, & it works flawless every time.  It's a bit of a pain to have to reboot windows whenever you want to mess with your cartridge files, but it's definitely worth it, & pretty easy too.  Hope this works for you.

Oh, BTW, if you're pressing F8, & the windows logo comes on without going to the special menu first, reboot & try it again.  Start pressing F8 earlier.