TX

I just realized this never got posted here, I guess because I didn't know this place existed whenever I released it. So here it is - my first album in all its sloppy unmastered lo-fi glory, newly returned from the netherworld of nonavailability in the wake of my old website's unsolved disappearance.

Download/stream for free: http://brotherandroid.bandcamp.com/albu … r-december

TRIVIA: the sine wave samples I used on this album were mistakenly labelled as square waves the entire time I was making it.

NC in the US of America

heart this so much heart heart heart This album kept me cool last summer :3
but noooo your website is gone? D: I loved your website sad ;_;

Last edited by SketchMan3 (Sep 15, 2013 3:32 am)

[removed]

Last edited by Feryl (Feb 19, 2024 8:17 pm)

TX

It's a surprise. You'll like it.

@SketchMan3 - I'm glad someone liked that site. It was kind of neat, but very basic, awkward to navigate, and looked really ugly when it turned up on a Google search, so in some ways I'm glad it's gone. I still have all the HTML though; I might put it up again someday.

NC in the US of America

Yeah man. It had a very cryptic and sterile feeling that was very fun for me to navigate. It fit the "Brother Android" persona very well, in my opinion. Some people at another forum I frequented thought it was neat also.

Last edited by SketchMan3 (Sep 19, 2013 3:33 am)

TX

Huh. Well, maybe I'll find some other hosting for it, then.

I don't know if this is the place to ask, but does anyone think a cassette release of Space Hymns is a good idea?

clovis CA

dude, i downloaded it back in the 8bc days... i still listen to it. one of your biggest fans man smile

[removed]

Last edited by Feryl (Feb 19, 2024 8:17 pm)

TX

I don't think there'd be anything wrong with that if there was an audience that wanted them. Analog media have their own charm, for all the inconvenience. I record on cassettes all the time and love the way they sound. They're not very popular but I don't think it's fair to say they're outdated or anything. Also, Space Hymns is incredibly lo-fi anyway... it would feel wrong somehow to put it on a CD.

Now, if someone were to release something on floppy disk, THAT would be just silly.

Last edited by Brother Android (Sep 21, 2013 1:22 am)

Brother Android wrote:

I don't know if this is the place to ask, but does anyone think a cassette release of Space Hymns is a good idea?

Not sure if I'd choose Space Hymns (or Satellite for that matter, both of which are awesome but a little too abstract to warrant a physical release, I think), but your music has just been begging for a cassette release.  I'd be equally happy to have In Death a Dream of Color, OctNovDec, or I Wish I Were Your Derivative on cassette though.  Or all 3.  That would be beyond words. 

SketchMan3 wrote:

Yeah man. It had a very cryptic and sterile feeling that was very fun for me to navigate. It fit the "Brother Android" persona very well, in my opinion. Some people at another forum I frequented thought it was neat also.

I second this, made me feel something similar to this.  Actually quite easy to navigate too - here are the downloads, click the button and receive them.  I'm surprised how many labels these days make it practically as difficult as possible to hear a stream of the music.  Bandcamp is awesome, no reason to stop using that - but why not have the download links on your site simply redirect to Bandcamp?  Just a thought.