i see ur point but i disagree

barf
Heosphoros wrote:

You guys should just open up your own forums on your own site and stop posting this useless shit on chipmusic.org

let the musicians make friends

(no more schisms!!)

Last edited by kfaraday (Sep 30, 2013 12:56 pm)

kfaraday wrote:
Heosphoros wrote:

You guys should just open up your own forums on your own site and stop posting this useless shit on chipmusic.org

(no more schisms!!)

There's a difference between making friends and alienating a whole community with repeated incoherent subjects that are not contributing at all to the whole of the site.

this is chipmusic.org not aanaaanaaanaaana.net

no one from aana posted in this thread

Nottingham, UK

I like aanaaanaaanaaana posts, a bit of weirdness never hurt the forums.

Last edited by ForaBrokenEarth (Sep 30, 2013 1:17 pm)

Unsubscribe

... The Aristocrats!

NC in the US of America
ForaBrokenEarth wrote:

I like aanaaanaaanaaana posts, a bit of weirdness never hurt the forums.

One bit weirdness is fine. Maybe even 8bits of weirdness, but man lately it's bumped up to like 32bits and that's just too much for any chipmusic artist to take.

And yes I agree with Heosphoros. I don't think this thread is fully of useless junk, but I agree that it isn't really nice to alienate a bunch of people with stuff that would be best discussed in the #chipmusic IRC channel on esper.net server (using an IRC client isn't as daunting as it looks I promise).

Then again, I'm sure there are people who felt alienated by the lack of silly talk. But you can get silly talk into the forum discussions while still remaining on point (remember the thing about balance on the front page when you aren't logged in?). I made friends last year without being silly and freewheeling all over the cm.o forums.

Edit: BTW, this comment isn't directed to this thread, actually. I think this thread is relatively harmless.

Last edited by SketchMan3 (Sep 30, 2013 5:32 pm)

TSSBAY01
Heosphoros wrote:
kfaraday wrote:

(no more schisms!!)

There's a difference between making friends and alienating a whole community with repeated incoherent subjects that are not contributing at all to the whole of the site.

this is chipmusic.org not aanaaanaaanaaana.net

you seem angry

Unsubscribe

I thought the point of aanaaanaaanaaana was to mock the perceived public circlejerkeness aspect of mainstream chipscene via directed guerrilla assaults derived in private irc channels and im circlejerks and enjoyed amongst its perpetrators secretly. At least the music is more interesting than most of the regular trolls.

zobe

http://chipmusic.org/forums/search/topics/user/7320/

Boise, ID

dang

Last edited by ShintarouMusic (Sep 30, 2013 6:44 pm)

Earth

Eventually ironic gratuity becomes .. gratuitous.

I vote Nader

Last edited by breakphase (Sep 30, 2013 6:56 pm)

westchester NY

i vote zanzan

Brighton/Southampton
sandneil wrote:

Nottingham, UK

"I'm from Damonidax" is a legitimately cool release. And releasing 999 midifiles was pretty funny.

NC in the US of America
Fearofdark wrote:
sandneil wrote:

This is a very important detail because it outlines the fact that anaaanaannaananana is not under fire here. AANAAANAAANAAANA is a beloved institution.

Last edited by SketchMan3 (Sep 30, 2013 7:05 pm)