Michigan
thebitman wrote:

I would be into these boards like crazy. Would want to order two, FYI smile

Very happy to hear that! They should be right around the same price of the GB programmer boards too, unpopulated of course.

Then we can have a z80 competition between all of the purchasers to see who can do the coolest things with it!

They look great so far.
Excited to get one and to get another one to my developer.
I also will need two:)

This is looking exciting! I like the idea of a kit with sockets. I'll run an idea by you for your name...
Its probably too long but some combination of Obsolescence and  Incorporated or Obsolescence Inc etc etc.

Michigan

I am making the board slightly bigger to accommodate a reset circuit at the bottom. I also hope to route the Enable pins of our RAM and RAM to the headers to at sides. The board will still come with a predetermined memory map, but this way people may change it in the future if they wish to remove my logic and figure out their own.

Currently the room on the board is still looking decent, so I may change up the memory map slightly so there are more enables for devices. I am only using OR gates for mapping right now and I could always throw in a decoder.

Last edited by Jazzmarazz (Sep 18, 2013 7:57 pm)

Michigan

The z80 board is finished, so I am now working on the video/keyboard/serial "shield" add-on board. Based on the design I am borrowing, it wil have selectable 40 or 80 column output, PAL or NTSC and i am working out a way to have both Serial and USB since they use the same location. That may be tough. I might just remove serial and go with USB.