Is it just me or does anyone think we shouldn't do 2 pokemon in the same evolution.
The songs could be too similar.
Take mine for example Gengar, if someone does Gaslty, or Haunter then they would all sound the same. Kinda creepy, scary.
Eevee is different because all of the evolutions are different.

Last edited by DESUMATE (Oct 2, 2013 9:52 pm)

Brighton/Southampton
Beware wrote:

Make this a split release.  Call it Pokemon Major and Pokemon Minor.  Major has all the Pokemon originally available in the warm color releases (red, gold, ruby, pearl, white, y) while Minor has the Pokemon in the other ones (blue, silver, sapphire, diamond, black, x).

A lot of Pokemon are available in both versions of each release - only a handful are really "version exclusives," so I don't how this suggestion would work.

Also, I don't see a big problem with two artists doing two pokemon from the same evolution line. Not everyone is going to have the same general approach to composition (stylistically speaking), and while Gastly and Gengar (for example) have the same typing and a lot of the same moves, they're still two different pokemon technically. One poisons people by suffocating them and the other drains the life force out of people by mimicking their shadows... (wow pokemon is pretty grim sometimes). The two compositions will be similar in some ways, but it's highly unlikely that they'll be exactly the same in my view. I spose it's down to Ateno to decide tho.

Last edited by Fearofdark (Oct 2, 2013 10:18 pm)

Memphis, TN

I have to agree with Fear of Dark on this one. I feel like the whole idea of this collaboration is taking one thing (Poke'mon) and representing it a lot of different ways through a ton of stylistically different and talented artists.

pikmin205 wrote:

GeneralKlenkton and I will do Magnemite, as a collaboration within a collaboration.

Oh man. Oh man, oh man. Now you're getting crazy.
I'll put you both down.

Memphis, TN
pikmin205 wrote:

GeneralKlenkton and I will do Magnemite, as a collaboration within a collaboration.

North Babylon, New York

Also, I have an album name idea, "649, And Counting!"

Fearofdark wrote:
Beware wrote:

Make this a split release.  Call it Pokemon Major and Pokemon Minor.  Major has all the Pokemon originally available in the warm color releases (red, gold, ruby, pearl, white, y) while Minor has the Pokemon in the other ones (blue, silver, sapphire, diamond, black, x).

A lot of Pokemon are available in both versions of each release - only a handful are really "version exclusives," so I don't how this suggestion would work.

Also, I don't see a big problem with two artists doing two pokemon from the same evolution line. Not everyone is going to have the same general approach to composition (stylistically speaking), and while Gastly and Gengar (for example) have the same typing and a lot of the same moves, they're still two different pokemon technically. One poisons people by suffocating them and the other drains the life force out of people by mimicking their shadows... (wow pokemon is pretty grim sometimes). The two compositions will be similar in some ways, but it's highly unlikely that they'll be exactly the same in my view. I spose it's down to Ateno to decide tho.

I wasn't saying people shouldn't, just that they likely wouldn't.  Just a general statement. 

And the Pokemon that are available in both versions just get split down the middle.  All it actually is is an A side and a B side.  There's no functional difference, just a cute thing to acknowledge the Pokemon release cycle.

PS: Yes, I'm aware someone already chose Ghastly while Gengar was taken.  If someone else would like to claim a Porygon other than Z, I'm not going to be upset.  I'm just going to write the same track either way.

Last edited by Beware (Oct 3, 2013 10:10 am)

Memphis, TN

Alright, I just think it complicate things more than need be.

And I'll put you down for Porygon Z.

pittsburgh

i would like to make a theme song for poliwhirl for this collaboration. i would make it nice and lovely

Memphis, TN

I'll put you down.

Dublin

Can I make a Cubone tune?

Clio, Michigan

can i do Entei

Olympia, WA

Cybernenteic Fail

Brighton/Southampton

Are there any restrictions/requests for length? I think I've finished mine, if it's long enough, hehe

Memphis, TN

Longer than a minute and a half at least I'd say, but no length maximum.

And yes, I'll put you down for Entei, and for Cubone.

Clio, Michigan

its Cybernetic Failure Just to let you know the page wont show it all sad

Memphis, TN

Oh, ha! Sorry, I'll fix it.