Tampere, Finland

A VIC-20 musicdisk as the topic suggest. 12 pieces in total. something new, something (re)cycled. 

download from:

http://tinyurl.com/yft6j7a (~ 32 Mb)

New York City

Nice, VIC-20 music!

hold on hold on.... How's a VIC-20 musicdisk weighing 32MB? o_O What did I miss here, mister?

Tampere, Finland

MP3 renders.

New York City

Oh, well, I downloaded it!
But I thought it was a musicdisk sad

Will listen now.

Nomad's Land

XXLcellent!!! One of the best chip releases so far this year.

edit: and yeah, where's the actual musicdisk?

Last edited by irrlichtproject (Apr 8, 2010 2:07 am)

New York City

Is this straight output from a VIC-20? Or have you just used it as a source for audio sampling?
Kinda repetitive, and sound clashing at parts, but there's some truly cool moments beneath.

Tampere, Finland

recorded from VICE (sadly). was too lazy to mess up with transferring files/recording from real machine, however all stuff should play on unexpanded VIC-20. in other words the limitations/glitches are those defined by the hardware: 3 square channels + 1 noise.

same goes for compiling the stuff into a form where it would make sense to distribute in executable format. if there's a lot of demand for that, then maybe I'll look into that. But generally this is marginal stuff enough as is, and I believe distributing it in such format would have even lesser audience.

Nomad's Land
Warlord wrote:

same goes for compiling the stuff into a form where it would make sense to distribute in executable format. if there's a lot of demand for that, then maybe I'll look into that. But generally this is marginal stuff enough as is, and I believe distributing it in such format would have even lesser audience.

yes i demand it! A LOT!
actually i think releasing an executable would give you better possibilities of promoting this "marginal" stuff, such as releasing on pouet.net and other demoscene portals.

England

nice thanks, while i would prefer to hear mp3s from real hardware, if you wrote this using an emulator its probably best recorded that way as well. If the vic20 is anything like the c64 or game boy it might sound a bit different.