canada

greatsword this is a chipmusic site not the humanities department at oxford

Sweeeeeeden
wailord wrote:

greatsword this is a chipmusic site not the humanities department at oxford

cm.o is not "no intelligent discussion allowed" zone, though.

GREATSWORD wrote:
defPREMIUM wrote:

it is not a good idea for people to be giving medical advice or opinions on this thread

If I have an argument, I am going to make it. If you think said argument is incorrect, you can present your evidence to the contrary. That is how intelligent debate works. If you consider it wrong to do that, then I seriously question the rationality of your thinking.

who the fuck are you

no i don't fucking care whether you are right or not
i care about the op and the fact that he is, whether he wanted it or not, receiving medical opinions from people with who knows what qualifications
cm.o is not a good place to debate medical issues
fuck off

Last edited by defPREMIUM (Oct 8, 2013 6:40 am)

Florida
GREATSWORD wrote:
sandneil wrote:

maybe prematurely giving up is  a symptom of the adhd and a sign that the new medicine is less effective at dealing with your adhd than the last one? speak to your doctor about imo

Don't be ridiculous. Most children at the age of 6 are diagnosed with ADD/ADHD whether they actually have it or not. It is natural for all children to display the qualities of ADHD because they are bored easily and have lots of energy.

Giving up on things is a symptom of depression.

There are various forms of ADHD - not all of them manifest in the same way.  While I agree that it's over-diagnosed, that doesn't negate the reality of it.

defPREMIUM wrote:

who the fuck are you

no i don't fucking care whether you are right or not
i care about the op and the fact that he is, whether he wanted it or not, receiving medical advice from people with who knows what qualifications
cm.o is not a good place to debate medical issues
fuck off

You are an enemy of free discussion. I cannot respect the likes of you.

fuck off

Jay Tholen wrote:
GREATSWORD wrote:

Don't be ridiculous. Most children at the age of 6 are diagnosed with ADD/ADHD whether they actually have it or not. It is natural for all children to display the qualities of ADHD because they are bored easily and have lots of energy.

Giving up on things is a symptom of depression.

There are various forms of ADHD - not all of them manifest in the same way.  While I agree that it's over-diagnosed, that doesn't negate the reality of it.

I agree, I don't mean to imply that it is a fake condition. Surely it does exist, but it has been exaggerated, and the medications have been seen to ruin lives.

canada

lol

i feel like sharing experiences of similar situations & discussing how psychiatric medicines affect creativity is different to "giving medical advice" & a relevant topic for this website but im certainly not interested in getting into a debate about the +/- of psychiatric medicines in general on ~chipmusic~.org

Right so you don't want intelligent discussion to take place because it scares you?

oh come off it

its just not what people come to chipmusic.org for

greatsword
we get it
you are so intelligent
fuck off

canada

http://symptoms.webmd.com/default.htm consult this it is the next best thing to doctor

Brighton/Southampton

@GREATSWORD+defpremium: Know when to stop (ie. a page ago).

Last edited by Fearofdark (Oct 7, 2013 4:04 pm)

uhh him stopping is the point of me posting

defPREMIUM wrote:

greatsword
we get it
you are so intelligent
fuck off

It's a common sophist's trick to try and discredit their opponents by attributing everything they say to their identity, rather than addressing the validity of their arguments.

If somebody does not wish to participate in the discussion, that should not make said discussion illegal, it simply means that they can ignore it.