You know, unless you explain the context of what "it" is, what you are saying holds literally no meaning.

greatsword there's a time and a place for debate

a third of the posts in this thread are by you and most of the rest are directed at you. youve completely hijacked this thread about someones personal issues and made it about you & the things you want to talk about. thats really rude

canada
GREATSWORD wrote:
defPREMIUM wrote:

greatsword
we get it
you are so intelligent
fuck off

It's a common sophist's trick to try and discredit their opponents by attributing everything they say to their identity, rather than addressing the validity of their arguments.

If somebody does not wish to participate in the discussion, that should not make said discussion illegal, it simply means that they can ignore it.

r u catchin my drift n2k01

I'll weigh in: make sure you have good iron levels. I'm not the best eater, and I am borderline anemic apparently, which causes me to often feel faint, lose focus, and be a bit emotionally dead. Iron plays a huge role in how you feel. I don't have ADD or ADHD so I cannot really relate to that part of focusing, but my girlfriend has struggled for years with chronic depression. For a while she and I were both on medications that were medically "fixing us up" but not letting us be mentally clear. Now we're both pretty balanced out, and the side effects of our medicines aren't nearly as strong as they used to be.

Talk to your doc, make sure there are other options you can try. There's more than one way to skin a cat.

Last edited by thebitman (Oct 7, 2013 5:14 pm)

sandneil wrote:

a third of the posts in this thread are by you and most of the rest are directed at you. youve completely hijacked this thread about someones personal issues and made it about you & the things you want to talk about. thats really rude

So you're saying I shouldn't be allowed to reply to people who talk to me? I can sort of understand where you're coming from but I didn't ask for anything to be about me, a few people just started throwing vitriol in my direction and I responded. Should I have simply ignored them, even if what they had to say was potentially valid?

Boise, ID

Yes...

TSSBAY01

you are fucking still doing it yo, fucking bow out of the discussion and

ShintarouMusic wrote:

Yes...

Why?

GREATSWORD wrote:
ShintarouMusic wrote:

Yes...

Why?

sandneil wrote:

Don't dig this hole any deeper.

Last edited by thebitman (Oct 7, 2013 5:24 pm)

Sweeeeeeden
wailord wrote:
GREATSWORD wrote:

It's a common sophist's trick to try and discredit their opponents by attributing everything they say to their identity, rather than addressing the validity of their arguments.

If somebody does not wish to participate in the discussion, that should not make said discussion illegal, it simply means that they can ignore it.

r u catchin my drift n2k01

Yeah, but not the drift you're hoping for I'm afraid. From the start greatsword was offering advice, even if radical advice, to the OP, and then it went downhill, iwht people calling him names. I don't believe that a certain type of advice needs to be silenced because it might be construed as medical advice. I will return with a more elaborate argument shortly. Though, it would be nice if everyone stopped jabbing back and forth.

Last edited by nitro2k01 (Oct 7, 2013 5:26 pm)

TSSBAY01

i dont see where he offered advice. the first thing he said is 'youve been being drugged for way too long, thats tragic'. thats not advice, thats a opinion that just adds insult to injury. and when on top of that you assume and say 'well, you must have suffered brain damage', there is no way that isnt hurtful.

Boise, ID
GREATSWORD wrote:
ShintarouMusic wrote:

Yes...

Why?

sorry greatsword you really need to be more careful with how you say things, if you want to post here. this is just the way things are here, sadly. some of us are a little more volotile than others. being a little more humble would have made a much better first impression.

tempsoundsolutions wrote:

i dont see where he offered advice. the first thing he said is 'youve been being drugged for way too long, thats tragic'. thats not advice, thats a opinion that just adds insult to injury. and when on top of that you assume and say 'well, you must have suffered brain damage', there is no way that isnt hurtful.

i agree and i prob should have used the word 'opinion' instead of 'advice' in my replies

Last edited by defPREMIUM (Oct 7, 2013 5:37 pm)

ShintarouMusic wrote:
GREATSWORD wrote:

Why?

sorry greatsword you really need to be more careful with how you say things, if you want to post here. this is just the way things are here, sadly. some of us are a little more volotile than others. being a little more humble would have made a much better first impression.

Thank you for the reasoned words. I'll be more careful in the future.

tempsoundsolutions wrote:

It retrospect, I should have worded myself much differently.

NC in the US of America

OP, the best thing you can do is keep an open dialog with your doctor and discuss these concerns with them.

ShintarouMusic wrote:
GREATSWORD wrote:

Why?

Yes... lot's of volatility flying around on all fronts, let's be honest. I was actually impressed that they, for the most part, didn't go on long ranting posts and opted for just short messages which essentially, in their own way, said "okay. whatever. let's move on. If you don't want to move on with the actual topic then please leave". lol

Edit: Sorry, I'm not trying to resurrect a dead horse or nothin'. It's nice to see everyone getting along again smile

Last edited by SketchMan3 (Oct 7, 2013 6:36 pm)