Cincinnati, OH
3ndymion wrote:

Echos???  Make sure that any microphone device on your computer is turned off while you're recording, just in case.  Check for that in volume settings & audio settings.

I thought it was the built in microphone, but it turns off when something is in the jack. My computer is just shitty at recording I guess. And I turn down the gameboy and turn it up in audacity. I do this just to avoid static at really loud or congested areas.

Dallas, Texas

Don't turn down the volume knob on the gameboy itself. That volume should always be maxed out cause of the noise floor issues I mentioned previously. You should however be able to adjust system input volume in like a device or control panel somewhere.

New Albany Indiana

Windows sound recorder.

New Albany Indiana

JP
I use audacity.

Cincinnati, OH
TylerBarnes wrote:

Don't turn down the volume knob on the gameboy itself. That volume should always be maxed out cause of the noise floor issues I mentioned previously. You should however be able to adjust system input volume in like a device or control panel somewhere.

Yeah, my microphone makes it sound all static like in loud areas so turning the Game Boy down fixes that. I just need some legit equipment so none of this would be an issue.

Dallas, Texas

yeah, try to evolve away from using a microphone. Direct sound from the jack is what you need to eventually be doing.

Cincinnati, OH
TylerBarnes wrote:

yeah, try to evolve away from using a microphone. Direct sound from the jack is what you need to eventually be doing.

No, I am using the jack. That's just how terrible it is!

sweden

Invest in a proper soundcard. Most integrated ones are no good for recording.

Alive and well in fucksville

the cheap way out: little sony voice recorder. plug headphone jack of computer to mic of recorder set it to the highest quality and set computer master volume to 3 or 4.

Last edited by bitjacker (Oct 10, 2013 10:26 pm)

D D D Detroit, not the burbs

Im using ableton 9 and protools 10, a little overkill but your shit will always sound like what you record(only you can make it good)

New Albany Indiana

This might help you out http://chipmusic.org/forums/topic/7462/ … -programs/

I am using Audials Tunebiet and it works good and you can try it.
http://audials.com/en/tunebite/index.html

Solar System

AUDACITY!

Brunswick, GA USA
nordloef wrote:

Invest in a proper soundcard. Most integrated ones are no good for recording.

This.

Last edited by chunter (Nov 13, 2013 6:28 pm)

Logic is what I've been using lately.
Reaper is also nice.

Brunswick, GA USA

I also want to add: http://forum.cockos.com/showpost.php?s= … stcount=10

You should be able to plug in another known audio source that sounds LOUD and play itback to a result that is also LOUD. That's the beginning of getting a good result  the software and gear are beside the point otherwise.