-- REMOVED --

Last edited by Enfy (Mar 5, 2019 10:49 pm)

Here is a useful post:
I have no idea

Here is an actually useful tip:
Modern day you can get a mega memory card to clone the save onto, then use that to transfer the save to an EMS USB cart then into a computer.

-- REMOVED --

Last edited by Enfy (Mar 5, 2019 10:50 pm)

Sweeeeeeden

You need LittleFM for that. Get the latest version here:

http://blog.gg8.se/wordpress/2013/03/04 … fects-you/

Brighton, United Kingdom

http://www.hkems.com/product/gb/gba-tr.htm

If you have a printer port!

-- REMOVED --

Last edited by Enfy (Mar 5, 2019 10:50 pm)

Sweeeeeeden

Yes. The initial problem is of course getting a LittleFM-equipped version of LSDj onto the cartridge.

Taichung, Taiwan

Buy a flash cart programmer... As long as it is compatible with a flash cart programmer that is.

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Most of the flash cart programmers out there use the parallel port, but you can buy a USB parallel port if your computer lacks one.

-- REMOVED --

Last edited by Enfy (Mar 5, 2019 10:51 pm)

Sweeeeeeden

LittleFM is not included in LSDj. You need to bring your own ROM to patch. Previously, I distributed an IPS patch which only worked with one LSDj version. The newer versions come with a patcher application which can be used to patch any LSDj version. Just pick whatever version you want.

Btw, if you're having trouble finding someone to help you with the flashing, I could help you with that, for the cost of the return postage. (I'm in Sweden, so the postage should be reasonably fast from/to NL.)

KC
12ianma wrote:

Here is a useful post:
I have no idea

Here is an actually useful tip:
Modern day you can get a mega memory card to clone the save onto, then use that to transfer the save to an EMS USB cart then into a computer.

can you do the opposite? put files on your comp onto the ems cart?  I can't get my ems usb to work with my comp.

this is my dillema, I have finished songs on my comp but no way to get them on my cart

Last edited by Grymmtymm (Oct 17, 2013 1:39 pm)

Enfy wrote:

I have a flashcart with LSDJ on it but It is a non-usb version and I have no other hardware to connect it to the PC. I've heard that it is possible to use the nanoloop USB-adaptor / nanoloop USB-MIDI-adaptor to connect the gameboy to the PC and transfer your .sav to your harddrive.

I couldn't find anything about it so I decided to make a topic about it, it's something I've heard or read some time ago but I can't remember where.

The USB-MIDI adaptor can transmit MIDI signals to the Game Boy and also receive data, packed into special MIDI messages. Only nanoloop supports this way of data transfer.

-- REMOVED --

Last edited by Enfy (Mar 5, 2019 10:51 pm)

Taichung, Taiwan

Teensyboy doesn't transfer data. It triggers midi signals.

Sweeeeeeden
oliver wrote:

The USB-MIDI adaptor can transmit MIDI signals to the Game Boy and also receive data, packed into special MIDI messages. Only nanoloop supports this way of data transfer.

Nope, LittleFM can send/receive save data through the binary mode as well. However, only the Nanoloop cart can (currently) use this mode to receive ROM data to the cartridge. So, you (Enfy) are still stuck in a situation where you can't write to the cartridge, assuming al you have is the NL adapter.

Enfy wrote:

@nitro2k01: "It’s done and laying on my desk. The cart flasher is currently the only bottleneck." and "yeah getting the data written properly is a bit fiddly. But I almost nailed it." is what the one who made the cart said.

Oh... It sounds like possibly this person either doesn't know how to use the flasher software, or the cartridge is built poorly (has loose contacts somewhere.)