Devon UK

Hi folks,

I took heed of what some of you said here, and invested in a DS lite for my Nanoloop experiments. The hum that was bugging me is completely absent now, which is great.

I'm starting to get a few banks of interesting material together, and still deciding whether to eventually use the song editor or "live" mode when I'm ready to record some tracks.( As an aside, I'm curious to know which method other Nanoloop uses prefer.)

In the meantime, I'm wondering if anyone can let me know what my options are for backup? As I said in another post, I really don't know much about Gameboy technology, as I'm only using it for chiptune, and since I work on computers all week I want to avoid spending too long researching questions which I'm sure someone here could answer quite easily.

I've got that the easiest way to record is using a 3mm jack to 3mm jack lead into my PC and using Audacity or something similar, but what about backing up the Nanoloop banks I've been working on?

Do I hook up my DS Lite to a PC with a usb lead? And do I need software to make them communicate? Is it actually possibly to get the data from the cart on to my PC?

I've seen a "nanoloop" lead on the Nanoloop website. Does this work with the DS lite, and is it needed?

Sorry for so many questions. Any help gratefully received.

Robin.

Nanoloop is one of the few things I don't use in a live mode.

I am pretty sure you will have to use some other hardware to backup your songs.  I suggest a real Game Boy Advance and the usb adapter.  That it is the only way I can think of to back up the GBA version.

Devon UK

Ok rygD, thanks for the input.

Devon UK

Ok rygD, thanks for the input.