Madriz, Supain
Calavera wrote:

Sure i'll bite.
In the Mexican Día de los Muertos festival, Calaveras are used to decorate shrines to honour friends and family who have passed away. The festival is a celebration of people that have finished their lifespan, much like the dilapidated technology we all use (and bring back from the dead) to make music on. To celebrate with, even.

You know, calavera is just A skull, not a mexican (sigh) day of the dead skull...

(Dont get me wrong, I dig your screen name lots wink   )

Tulsa, OK

i am Jake Allison

i chose this name in honor of him because he is beautiful

Last edited by Jake Allison (Oct 24, 2013 4:42 pm)

vancouver, canada

in the past i got used to calling everyone fredface, joanface, et cetera.  that's pretty much it. 
also, the prospect of being "known" by the stupidest name possible is still pretty hilarious to me.

i also like the idea that i don't need to reinforce a particular persona, or evoke any imagery that i don't want to, through my alias.  i'm just a guy that does music sometimes.

Yuma, AZ

10SPD

I used to be "The Automaton", but well.. that got really old really fast haha. Plus, promoters and the like couldnt seem to pronounce it. It was always "Automotion" or "Automation" or something similar.
To the time came a few years ago to change the name. I went through all sorts of throwaways until landing on 10SPD. I'm a huge Coheed and Cambria fan, so there's some obvious ties there. But mostly, I make music that makes you want to go fast. It just sort of came up as a joke at first, then it stuck.
Aaaannnd here we are years later.

Montreal, Canada

It's a long story..

Back when i was 10 years old, i used to collect Magic the Gathering cards.
One day, i decided to look thought my collection and found an amazing looking card called DarkRitual and that's who i became for a little while.

Then, at 14 years old, i used to hang on a hacking forum selling fake Windows CD-Key to counterfeiters. (Pretty ballsy right?)
I made a lot of money and a lot of enemies this way so i decided to change my username to xXDarkShadowXx but, some people tracked me down and i had to abandon the website.

The years passed, i felt in love with programming, decided start fighting the good fight using unethical techniques and am now known as Angel_of_Justice.

So, whenever i wanna register on a website, i either use :

1. A randomly generated one if i don't give two crap about it and just wanna ask a question.
2. darkritual or xXDarkShadowXx when i think I'm gonna stick around.
3. Angel_of_Justice when I'm releasing tools.

San Diego, CA

I saved space town

Madriz, Supain
xXDarkShadowXx wrote:

It's a long story..

Back when i was 10 years old, i used to collect Magic the Gathering cards.
One day, i decided to look thought my collection and found an amazing looking card called DarkRitual and that's who i became for a little while.

Then, at 14 years old, i used to hang on a hacking forum selling fake Windows CD-Key to counterfeiters. (Pretty ballsy right?)
I made a lot of money and a lot of enemies this way so i decided to change my username to xXDarkShadowXx but, some people tracked me down and i had to abandon the website.

The years passed, i felt in love with programming, decided start fighting the good fight using unethical techniques and am now known as Angel_of_Justice.

So, whenever i wanna register on a website, i either use :

1. A randomly generated one if i don't give two crap about it and just wanna ask a question.
2. darkritual or xXDarkShadowXx when i think I'm gonna stick around.
3. Angel_of_Justice when I'm releasing tools.

Black mana and selling keys to greedy people.

kudos for consistency

Montreal, Canada
SuperBustySamuraiMonkey wrote:

Black mana and selling keys to greedy people.

kudos for consistency

Yeah, it's kind of funny how that worked out cause i didn't know how to play magic at the time.
I'm more of a White/Green player now days but my heart is still greyish-black.

Scamming a scammer may not have be okay but, imo it's better than scamming an innocent.
Beside, it happened 6 years ago and I'm no longer involved in this kind of crap.

Now, i spend my time doing what i like the most, playing poker and creating software.

Last edited by xXDarkShadowXx (Oct 25, 2013 1:00 am)

Melbourne, Australia
SuperBustySamuraiMonkey wrote:
Calavera wrote:

Sure i'll bite.
In the Mexican Día de los Muertos festival, Calaveras are used to decorate shrines to honour friends and family who have passed away. The festival is a celebration of people that have finished their lifespan, much like the dilapidated technology we all use (and bring back from the dead) to make music on. To celebrate with, even.

You know, calavera is just A skull, not a mexican (sigh) day of the dead skull...

(Dont get me wrong, I dig your screen name lots wink   )

Yup, calavera is just spanish for skull. I should have written "decorated sugar skulls, or 'calavera'" in the previous post.

Detroit

I really liked the character from http://rice-boy.com/ and emailed the creator of the series, Evan Dahm, back in 2008 if it was ok to use it

he said yes

I'm not sure if I still like it anymore because everyone always gets it wrong

Last edited by The One Electronic (Oct 25, 2013 2:32 am)

Tulsa, OK

people always get my name right because they know who I am yo

Finland

My moniker is a programming joke. Or well, it's based on one at least.
It's very roundabout to explain (which I often don't). But for anyone here who is a programmer I can say this: "my" is a global pointer and "Explosion" is a member variable (or function, omitting the parentheses). It's also in a language that resembles C.

smile

Joliette, QC, Canada

Microsoft Chat IRC

Chicago
xXDarkShadowXx wrote:

It's a long story..

"black will do anything to win."

TSSBAY01

i went to sleep, and in my dream and at the time, at the foot of my bed was my acer 286. i wake up (in the dream), look over at the computer, and impulse tracker was playing, an awesome song was coming thru. i looked in the title bar for the song, and it said 'shawn phase'. i kept my calm and stayed asleep and finished listening to the song, then i woke up and wrote the song as closely as i remembered it in the dream.

the name 'temp sound solutions' came from naming my .it's temp1, temp2, temp3 etc. i wanted to keep the name fairly simple and mysterious but with a meaning people could wrap their heads around. not too sure whether or not that ever actually happened.

New York, USA

My name came from my Minecraft username, FlamingStalfos (Zelda tongue), and then I started calling myself Flamingo (because flamingos are awesome), and it stuck tongue