KC

Hey guys im starting to get a few songs finished and have been searching and searching about what kind of options I have for transfering files.

I've been writing on my computer so that's where my files are stuck for now.

I have the ems usb 64m carts and my comp won't recognize the drivers.

I don't know why but for the life of me it won't.

Can I use the mega memory card for that? I know the similar thread about using the nanoloop device asked a similar thing.

what are all the options I have for file transfers?

Taichung, Taiwan

You can use the yellow MMC to transfer save files from the 64M cart with LSDJ but you will need a flash cart programmer device to get it to your computer.

What kind of OS are you running?

Sweeeeeeden

I like to always point out that the later versions of LittleFM can transfer your sav over the link cable, including to an NL MIDI adapter.

You can get the latest version currently available from here:

http://blog.gg8.se/wordpress/2013/03/04 … fects-you/

And you should also read the release notes here:

http://blog.gg8.se/wordpress/2013/02/04 … -released/

KC

windows OS

I'll have to have a cart programmer made huh?  or  make one myself.    or buy one of those expensive ass ones.

or what the hell am I doing wrong so my comp won't recognize the cart.

the cd that came with them shows up empty also.

Last edited by Grymmtymm (Oct 24, 2013 7:31 pm)

SLC, UT

How technical are you? I have never had any luck with the windows drivers, its all black magic.

Quickest way (in my opinion) is Linux. Put mint on a thumb drive and use the Linux driver. Its command lime but dead simple for just grabbing a sav.

Michigan

The EMS carts cannot be programmed via the edge connector, only via USB. It sounds like yo don't have administrative priveledges on your compy.

KC

not super technical

64m USB cards CAN be programmed via the ems flasher via cart edge connector

Michigan
12ianma wrote:

64m USB cards CAN be programmed via the ems flasher via cart edge connector

Both banks? now that I think about it, you're probably right. I misinterpreted something I had read a while back.

You can pop it in and out quick to switch banks, used the method to copy stuff from mine to my emerger cart

Michigan
12ianma wrote:

You can pop it in and out quick to switch banks, used the method to copy stuff from mine to my emerger cart

Ha! Awesome. big_smile

Earth

You can use Mac or Linux, or try another windows box. Or reinstall windows, or find the ems device in the hardware manager and try to switch in the driver. Also make sure you get the right driver e.g. 32/64bit.

KC
Jazzmarazz wrote:

The EMS carts cannot be programmed via the edge connector, only via USB. It sounds like yo don't have administrative priveledges on your compy.

you're talking about the expansion slot?

and it's my comp, I do have admin priveleges.