Litebritedeath Land

Just bought a Yamaha SU700 off of ebay for $230 only to find out that it has the dreaded encoder problems that a lot of them suffer from.  It's not really a problem if you want to use it in the studio as you can assign the ribbon controller to any of the encoders with the push of a button.  It makes for a great FX box and a badass oldschool sampler.  I wanted to use it for live use so It's basically useless for my setup and I don't feel like dealing with the person I bought it from anymore so I'm willing to trade it for any sane offer.  Mainly looking to get a modded DMG and cart so I can MIDIfy it and add it to my equipment.  I also maxed out the sample ram on the SU700 to 68MB (4MB onboard and 2 32MB sticks).  If you don't mind using workarounds for the encoders my loss can be your gain!

thanks

Corey

Last edited by sxe_weekend (Oct 27, 2013 5:23 am)

Taichung, Taiwan

I'm down.

Taichung, Taiwan

Pm'ing you!

matt's mind

can't the encoders simply be replaced?

pretty easy part to find, unless they are something proprietary they've used

Litebritedeath Land

sweeeeeetness

Litebritedeath Land

@kitsch someone on youtube sourced them out and they can really only be purchased in bulk (1000 units) at a time.  That guy sent his to a Yamaha repair center which charged him $230 to replace them...

Litebritedeath Land

@katsumbhong replied

Litebritedeath Land

@kitsch I would totally be down to replace them myself.  My soldering skills are on par for the job.  I just finished a Shruthi-1 synth, 2 bleep labs kits, and a groovesizer kit from the pioneer run.  sadly I believe the encoders are indeed proprietary encoders and crappy mechanical ones at that.

Litebritedeath Land

@kitsch i found them for $8.99 a piece.... here is the link if you think you have seen them elsewhere or something.

http://www.spectrumaudio.com/yamaha-vu594400-1.html

Litebritedeath Land

also interested in basically anything cool that works with MIDI.  pretty interested in a MONOTRIBE as well.  still waiting to hear back from @katsumbhong about what mods he offers on his gameboys.  if anyone is interested at all please post any offers!  I just got a like new RM1X and it's a blast sequencing things with MIDI.

Taichung, Taiwan

Replied. Sorry, I just came home.

Litebritedeath Land

@katsumbhong no worries!  do you have a gmail account?  if so hop on and shoot me a message on chat.  litebritedeath at gmail dot com is my email.

Litebritedeath Land

@katsumbhong takes it for the win.  smile