Hello,

I'm looking for an 8 bit nes sample pack to put on a sd card so I can play with my kaoss pad.
Long version ( can it be shorter) : I don't want to buy a midines, an mpc, a new nes, etc etc, i just want to put samples on my kaoss pad and play with it live...

Is it possible? Where to find such goodness? google isn't my friend on this one because it seems too specific? a little help?

Thanks à lot smile

Ness

D D D Detroit, not the burbs

doesn't the kp3 always stop when you load a sample?  I didn't have one personally but how many samples can you load at a time?

San Diego, CA

the kp3 can play 1 shot samples, but it can only keep 4 of them available for you to use at a time. If you want to load another sample, the kp3 will stop and wait until the sample is loaded before you can do anything, and it takes a fair bit of time for it to load samples of any size. I don't really think that a kp3 is going to be the right solution for you if you want to mess with samples, unless you're into live looping and stuff like that, and even THEN the kp3 isn't the most elegant live looping device (although beardyman woud say otherwise)

So, what is the purpose of the kaoss pad? just send some "wiuwiuwiu" in the middle of a dj set?
It has been advertised as a sampler/effect box... But as you said, it take some serious time loading samples and does nothing while loading...
If I want to put some samples in a set, remix or loop a vinyl in live, wouldn't it be better to sell my kp3 and buy a mpc500?

I'm living on a budget so, if you say the kp3 won't be useful to mix samples...

I'll be precise :

I want to continue being an electro/techno dj on my vinyl turntables but I also want to remix samples live and pass from one vinyl to another via a remix of the track being listened to.
I want to make some new ( and simple) tunes with a sampler and add them to my dj set.
I want to control a midines, record what i have done, and then use that material live.

Should I keep my kp3 and buy a mpc500, just buy the mpc and sell my kp3, or leave all this alone becauseI won't get anywhere fast?

Thanks a lot for reading me smile

some link on cm.o i saw recently had some tiny little drum pad sampler... maybe u could feed that into the kaoss pad and use the KP as a looper to loop/sequence the beats/ probably cheaper than buying an MPC and you can still use the KP

San Diego, CA

Honestly, if I were you, I'd grab a copy of Serato or Traktor and then grab a pair of these: http://us.novationmusic.com/digital-dj/dicer

You can accomplish the same with a MIDI controller connected to your laptop set to do things like fire one-shot samples or use cue points, but the Dicers come in pairs for 100 bucks so those are my bet for use with vinyl turntables.

As far as your production stuff goes, if you're looking to make some new stuff with a sampler, you could just as easily do that with Ableton -- just cut up some samples and then throw them on a drum rack in Live mode, and then you'll be able to use that drum rack like a sampler. Same thing with the MIDINes, rather than using a hardware solution and recording it into your computer, it's probably going to be much cheaper to just grab Famitracker and an emulator and record from there.

Basically I'm telling you that instead of buying hardware to record the stuff that you want to use in your set, just look for software solutions that will probably be much cheaper. If you're absolutely set on using hardware though, an MPC500 will be a good way to get to where you want, albeit an expensive one >_>