texas

ok, so, back around mid may, i took on my first commission. i told my buyer that it should take me 1-2 months to complete if all went smoothly. of course that did not happen. i ran into all sorts of issues surrounding the nes2 board i was using. after about 4.5 months time, i gave up on that board. i had to just give in, pull money out of my own pockets, and get a new board. once i had the new board, it only took 2 weekends to finish. fast forward to now, and i present to you:

(no, the controller is not part of it. it was simply the inspiration.

this is a "dumbed down" version of my own HandyNES. it goes along side it as being one of the smallest fully original hardware NES portables. my buyer really wanted it to be inspired by an NES controller. so, i did what i could. on to more pics!

HandyNES commission in detail

specs:
system – nes version 2
power – 2 3.7v li-ion 1500 mAh batteries (haven't tested fully yet, but should get the same as my HandyNES: 3 hours with full volume and screen brightness 50%)
case – frankencased sl-64p & lp-55p (polycase.com) with nes controller casing
controller – original nes controller cut up
random tidbits – uses the longhorn engineer’s (rekarp) nes2 composite mod (seeing as it’s the best and the simplest); power led added in (white); low battery indicator (red); case has custom made sticker; has a/v out and headphone jack

please feel free to visit my facebook page to see all pictures taken during the process.

a few measurements of the system:
weight of portable – 1 lb
weight of portable with game (varies by game) – ~1 lb 4 oz
thickness – 2"
height – 4” 
height with nes game – 6 1/3"
length –  6”

this project took me 5.5 months time. a lot of that time was me just being frustrated at not being able to get the nes working properly. it would have been done much sooner if the original nes i bought didn't get messed up (which i still have no clue what i did).

oh! and for those wondering, yes, i do have my signature hot pink in the portable.

Tacoma WA

Thanks for finally posting!!

Seriously I had to bug her forever!!

(219) Indiana, USA

This is great!

texas

thanks! infra keeps saying the build pics are the best, but there are so very many, i didn't know where to start. all the pics of the entire process are in an album on my fb page that is linked above. smile i may post some of my older projects here in the next few days.

matt's mind

wow,

this is such great work.  thank you so much for posting, looking forward to what you come up with next!

Tacoma WA

Talking with her on IRC she has some other systems she's working on or done.  I can't recall.

Minneapolis

Is it possible such a thing could be done with a Famicom mobo instead of a NES2 mobo? They seem to be a bit more common.

texas

yeah, famicom is possible. i actually am in the process of setting up my next commission which uses a famicom. smile

i'll post more of my stuff here for you guys later. big_smile

Arizona

This is pretty damn cool!

South Dakota

That is sooo cooool!

Tacoma WA

I have been bugging her for a couple months to post here big_smile

Glad everyone think her stuff is as cool as i do

WOW MAN!

Just been checking out the build pictures. That's god-damned insane, in all the right ways smile

Impressive!

Solar System

SUPERCUTE HANDHELD!

Last edited by Matej (Nov 5, 2013 8:38 am)