The Forest, WA

looking for a copy of NL 2.2

this version has a unique interface unlike other nl2.x 

very much want to buy pls.

Seattle, WA US

someone please sell this man your nanoloop

What kind of interface? I like 2.0 the best because of the weird little multichannel sequencer screen. If your interested I am selling a 2.3 cart.

The Forest, WA

NVM , this shit is too rare.

Did you know that you can downgrade a 2.3 -> 2.6 cart to 2.2? You can do it with the link cable usb thing, just ask Oliver for the correct version of 2.2 and you're good to go.

Do you know if it is possible to downgrade nanoloop one carts?

No - but probably not. I'm pretty sure versions lower than 1.6 all use different types of saving methods or have special functions like the third voice in 1.5.

Last edited by _-_- (Nov 8, 2013 10:00 am)

I thought that too.  I knew 1.5 wouldn't, but was unsure about others.  Didn't everything before 1.6 use a battery?

iirc, 1.2 was the last version to use a battery.
1.3 is the only version that might work, but my concern would be that the flash memory is different (?)

hmmm, i have to go back and reread about features of each version again.  If it would work it might be worth it for me to get another one cartridge for 1.3.  I want another eventually anyway.  Should probably try to get 1.5 too.

Also 2.x, as I have never used those. (trying to pretend I didn't derail this thread)

The Forest, WA

lol get on that 2.x son!

polyphony all day\

FM bass in meh sleep

_-_- wrote:

Did you know that you can downgrade a 2.3 -> 2.6 cart to 2.2? You can do it with the link cable usb thing, just ask Oliver for the correct version of 2.2 and you're good to go.

Not quite. Currently, the USB-MIDI can not write ROMs to the cart, it only can transfer a 256k ROM to the GBA's RAM. In the future I may add a function to the nlmidi tool that includes a boot ROM to transfer ROMs of up to 8 MB and write them to a nanoloop two cart.

2.3+ can write itself from RAM to the cart and generate the wave forms, that's why you can update your cart with the USB-MIDI.

2.2 can not write itself or wave froms to the cart, you have to transfer the complete 8 MB ROM somehow. Currently, this can only be done with a multiboot cable like the F2A usb linker. However, the F2A software does not accept nanoloop 2.x as a flash cart. There is a software called "mootan's flash manager" that recognizes a 2.3 cart as generic flash cart and can write 2.2 to it. Unfortunately, it does not work with the newer chip model.

2.5 contains a different flash chip that is not recognized by 2.2.

nanoloop two (2.6 currently) contains the successor of the chip used in 2.2/2.3 and should work with 2.2, but currently there is no way to transfer the 2.2 ROM.

Summary:

- 2.3 can be downgraded with f2a cable + flash manager.
- 2.5 can not be downgraded because of 2.2-incompatible chip.
- nanoloop two may be downgradeable via USB-MIDI in the future.

Last edited by oliver (Nov 11, 2013 11:33 am)

Oh! Sorry for the misinformation and thanks for the clarification.
Very good to know.

How about 2.01, can that be updated to 2.2?

Last edited by _-_- (Nov 11, 2013 11:27 am)

_-_- wrote:

How about 2.01, can that be updated to 2.2?

It can't because 2.0 / 2.1 have different hardware.