Solar System
Puke_Flytalker wrote:

yea fm is pretty fudgin dope if you ask me although i dont use it ever because 90% of what i write is in either famitracker or ntrq

But FamiTracker gots FM - VRC7... So you can track in FAMI...
youtube.com/watch?v=zEyoIPNCWxk

Maine

i dont...usually str8 up 2a03 my nigga lolz

Solar System
TylerBarnes wrote:

Acid house needs a TB-303 to or at the very least an SH-101 to be actual acid (it's debatable I know tongue), because take away the TB-303 and keep the song structure the same, and you just have house left.  So, I don't personally see the problem with FM synthesis being a defining factor of a subgenre. But I think the distinction should be made that tempo, mood, tone, and song structure have more barring on what defines an actual genre in my mind at least. Also don't be upset when not as many people see your vision and it evolves into something different without your control.

On a more light hearted note, you should try to make some FMYNTH that sound like 'Richard Devine - Corina Chirac'  That would be sweet.

BTW Tyler do you know AUTECHRE (amber) or AROVANE (old albums)?

I 100% agree... And I am sure it will evolves withouth my control... And that will be fine and creative. Anyways I will use FM in my tracks... And make some free FM samplepacks for others (who can´t make own FM patches or doesn´t have FM soundcard)... 

Lets now talk about main elements:
1.) DRUMS (high octave, high pitched) + KICK DRUM (long smooth bass kick drum - like was in jungle music)
- dnb, 90s rnb, dubstep, 2step???

2.) MELODY (long lead waves, short square wave instruments etc etc)
3.) CYMBALS (liquid hihats, lohats, other cymbals etc etc)
3.) BASS (sine wave bass???)

Fast songs BPM? Plus slow songs BPM (half of fast songs BPM)? TEMPO?

I will make separate mp3s for each main instrument and whole song demo to define style...

Of course it will evolves into something else and more beautiful but it is nice to have at least starting point...

Last edited by Matej (Nov 15, 2013 11:41 am)

Maine

i know how to use vrc7 ive written a couple nsfs im just not a fan of how i write with it... messes with my work flow.. plus in the long run i prefer to listen to 2a03 stuff.. but ive been hearing some genesis stuff lately thats mind blowing.. i also went and downloaded deflemask so meh maybe one day when i have the patience ill sit down and try to wreck it.. i just havent had a lot of time lately to learn new stuff cause im either doing art or researching manufacturer details or product spec/design for my job.. ooooo being an adult i hate it

Solar System

Nice. Your DATABENDINGART looks awesome. Maybe you can do some album covers in future...
Yep DEFLE is way to go! Very good tracker...

Solar System

What about BMP?

Last edited by Matej (Nov 15, 2013 7:25 pm)

Ottawa, Ontario

Solar System

wink

ZAZI...

Last edited by Matej (Nov 16, 2013 9:37 am)

Solar System

Just buyed FMYNTH.COM so there will be small homepage for FMYNTH!

PS:"Haters never win. I just think that's true about life, because negative energy always costs in the end."
Tom Hiddleston

Manchester, UK
Matej wrote:

Haters never win.

There's a difference between hate and justified skepticism, my man wink

But you won me over with that koala bear toilet paper picture so good luck with the FMYNTH action. I have to suggest picking a different name though. I know it's a portmanteau but like, mate. It sounds silly.

Godzilladelph

puke flytalker is still around? holyshit I remember when that dude was writing the sickest jams and making people shit their pants all over 8bc...

Godzilladelph

that fucker would be from maine LOL

Godzilladelph

that fucker would be from maine LOL

double post slow internet suck my dick fuck yo couch

Last edited by SKGB (Nov 18, 2013 6:52 pm)

Maine

lolsauce go check my new track...

Solar System

:-)

Last edited by Matej (Nov 21, 2013 7:22 pm)

Solar System

For supporters :-) I will upload simple web soon... For skeptics take it as experiment... Ahh name is good, Fmynth sounds fresh...