Devon UK

It's happened a couple of times: For some reason, a song pattern gets overwritten with the song pattern from another bank. Thankfully the bank itself remains intact. I'm pretty sure both times this happened, I had just given a bank a name, and it was the song of that bank which got changed.

Anyone else had this problem? Any suggestions on how to avoid it?

I'm guessing naming a bank before making a song, and then not changing it may avoid this. And, of course, backup, which I'm working on...

R.

that's horrible!

IL, US

its a documented bug, but a weird one (and id thought he'd fixed it by now)... if you rename a bank without having gone into its song screen first, it overwrites your song pattern with whatever song pattern was loaded at the time (or blanks it if none is loaded)

IL, US

this bug is also in 2.3, never upgraded to 2.5, so i cant say for sure if its an issue there, too

I'm sorry for that. Will fix this with 2.7, which is around the corner.

In the meantime, please use this workaround: Only change a bank's name after you have seen that bank's song.

After a bank's name was changed, the whole bank is re-saved with the new name and song data from RAM as soon as you select a different bank or leave the file menu (select). However, song data are only loaded in RAM when entering the song editor. So, when the bank is re-saved after a name change, different or empty song data may be present in RAM.

In 2.5 / 2.6, this has been fixed partially: When selecting a different bank after a bank's name was changed, the changed bank is saved with the correct song data (by loading them from flash first). But it still uses the song data in RAM when leaving the file menu. So in 2.5 / 2.5, you may just switch to a different bank and back after the name was changed.

Last edited by oliver (Nov 18, 2013 11:17 am)

Los Angeles

even though I know the workaround, I sometimes forget so I look forward to this update!
my biggest wish now is to have the note names when making chords (the way it is in nl 1.6) - it would make tuning on the fly way easier

Yeah, that would be great in a live performance. Just don't change it to note names entirely! wink

Los Angeles

I do love the squares. should def be a toggled feature.

Actually, there are no more notes in 2.7.

Los Angeles

boom there you go tongue

Intriguing.

seattle

is there a set release date for 2.7?

seatrash wrote:

is there a set release date for 2.7?

now.

details: http://www.nanoloop.com/two/specs.html

Los Angeles

whoa. this deserves its own thread but man this a hefty update. excuse me while I go get lost in these new features for the day. love it. love Oliver.