Litebritedeath Land

Hello~

My name is Corey and I have been a member on here since it began and was also very active when 8bc was around.  My life has always been a struggle and I've always lived on a very low income do to Mental health issues.  The chipmusic community and hobby has always been the music creation outlet I could afford and kept me smiling.  I turn 31 today and I was approved for disability after 10 years of trying and getting turned down twice.  I tried to kill myself 4 years ago because I felt like a burden on my family because of my mental health issues preventing me from having a decent job.  I've grown since then and I now have a 3 year old step daughter and a one year old boy that is my fiancĂ©e and mine in my life and I'm in a much better place.  As a thank you I wanted to donate $500 to a project in development and this is where you guys come in.  I just returned to the chipmusic community recently so I need to know what all is going on development wise and who would benefit from the donation.   

heart

Corey

Abandoned on Fire

That's very generous and thoughtful of you!  I recommend Nitro2k01's cart flasher project as that could potentially bring lots of old tech back into easy usage.  heart

Florida

^^^ That sounds like a good idea.

Whoa! I'm glad you're doing better man. smile Are you absolutely sure that you're comfortable enough to part with $500?

That said, what kinds of projects are you looking for? New labels, albums, etc?

Last edited by Jay Tholen (Nov 20, 2013 6:37 pm)

Litebritedeath Land

Any project the community brings up is acceptable!  I have 5 years of back pay coming my way so yes I am comfortable giving back to a community that gave a lot back to me in the way of friends, songs, ideas, and smiles.  The $500 could be split between projects as well.  Mainly we should determine which projects will get a "kick start" if you will do to lack of funds.

Litebritedeath Land

I also look at the donation as a Mental Health Awareness donation and I'm willing to share my story so people don't give up hope if they are struggling with mental health issues.  I have Borderline Personality disorder(better labeled as Emotional Regulation disorder in other parts of the world), major anxiety disorder, major depressive disorder, and ADD.  It was a long haul proving I can't work full time do to these issues but I accomplished it and I hope this gives others promise that their lives can turn astound for the better.

Boise, ID

That's really generous of you, Corey! Good to hear things are looking up for you man.

I couldn't say who to donate to, though... There are several new flash carts in the works right now, and Nitro is always cooking up fun new projects

Unsubscribe

You could donate some of that to help pay for cm.o hosting.

Litebritedeath Land

Good idea herr_prof.  I have been meaning to say hello on mutable instruments!  I go by cardboardmansions on there.

Unsubscribe

Hello! Love Mutable gear.

matt's mind

should we submit our 'application' for this via this thread?  or, directly to you?

Litebritedeath Land

@kitsch directly here for now.  That way it's in the open for all of us to decide who needs the most help/which projects people want funded.  smile

Maine

do it direct so its kinda like a surprise for everyone

EDIT: disregard that statement

Last edited by Puke_Flytalker (Nov 20, 2013 8:05 pm)

Litebritedeath Land

@puke flystalker your idea isn't  bad for some ideas.  If someone needs a little  help releasing an album or something they may not want to disclose to everyone feel free to PM or email me at litebritedeath atttt gmail dot com

sweden
sxe_weekend wrote:

My name is Corey and I have been a member on here since it began and was also very active when 8bc was around.

litebritedeath?

Edit: Oops nevermind, saw that you posted your email just above smile

Last edited by nordloef (Nov 20, 2013 8:21 pm)

Litebritedeath Land

Yup that's me!  It's funny because I never took the time to introduce myself properly.  I remember a lot of you guys from 8bc when I went by litebritedeath.  I should look into getting my username on here switched to litebritedeath.

Maine

it is a cooool name