Jelly Stone park, MD USA

What an inspiring story, and glad you have found your way through the dark night! As long as there is life, there is hope.
One sugestion that comes to mind is the Just Giving campain that Neil Baldwin suppots @ NTRQ.net
It is a good charity and Neil has given his talents to the chiptune community freely. Just a thought.
Yogi

yogi wrote:

One sugestion that comes to mind is the Just Giving campain that Neil Baldwin suppots @ NTRQ.net
It is a good charity and Neil has given his talents to the chiptune community freely. Just a thought.
Yogi

+1 this.  Neil has been extremely generous with his time over several years even up to today.

Maine

yea neal is a good pic

Litebritedeath Land

Okay so far I'll donate $100 to chipmusic.org itself, $100 to Neil, and the rest to be decided.  Out of nitro 2k's project and kitsch's cart which could use the funds more?

Litebritedeath Land

Or which would be in our grubby mitts the soonest?  smile

Brighton | Portsmouth | UK

Wow!!! What a ridiculously motivating story and generous offer. My tentative suggestion: some sort of fund that you could head (along with others from the community you deem worthy of this) to give out money, once a case has been put forward by someone, to help get artists to shows/ get music released/ labels started/ gigs set up? (Also if you asked for some of the money back (especially in the case of releases, gigs and label starting) you could keep it operational continuously)

Sweeeeeeden

No need to give any of that money to me. Consider donating some to ds10forum. The owners considered shutting it down when their hosting runs out, about March next year. They may be encouraged by a donation. Neil is a good choice too.

http://ds10forum.com/

(Edit: Currently, cm.o doesn't accept donations.)

Last edited by nitro2k01 (Nov 20, 2013 10:53 pm)

Litebritedeath Land

@andrew I like this idea as well.  I'll keep it in consideration.  It's hard for me to imagine everything involved with gigging and shows as I live in the middle of nowhere Kansas.

Litebritedeath Land

Looking like Kitsch will be getting the hardware funds!  smile

Litebritedeath Land

@kitsch I PM'd you.

Buenos Aires, Argentina

DefleMask? smile

Arizona
sxe_weekend wrote:

Looking like Kitsch will be getting the hardware funds!  smile

Good choice man. Kitsch has some amazing things in the works. Your money will be put to good use.

EDIT: Punctuation

Last edited by Limitbreak (Nov 20, 2013 11:15 pm)

matt's mind

(i've asked i be subject to an application process for this before any decision.  i need to tell you guys what this would be applied towards first, and then you all can consider, i truly appreciate the kind words and support!  there are so many equally worthy things happening, i'd like to do this in a just way and in the open, so i'll prepare my submission for this offer.  and then you can reject it, or not)

matt's mind

sxe_weekend, I PM'd you a couple questions

Litebritedeath Land

@kitsch replied

matt's mind

here is my application for funds.  if chosen, i'd like to split the funds into two chunks, applied to two entirely different things.

THE FIRST:  a payment of encouragement ($100) to the Deflemask project to add "KK_GB_8M mode" to this wonderful tracker.  this would essentially be its standard gameboy operation with an added 5th channel for KK_GB_8M.  Since KK_GB_8M is unique in having this feature, there is currently no tracker which supports this.  Also, hopefully ROM file generation which allows playback on hardware with no additional support required (i.e., lsdsng).  Mainly, for adding kk_gb_8m mode into Deflemask.  I've spoken with Delek about this, and he is OK to try to add this support.  Even if this were to not work out, this project is deserving of the support since he's done it for free for us out of love for this community.

THE SECOND: yes, that's a sd card cartridge.  its called "kk_gb_sd" (creative, huh).  the rest of the funds ($200) would go towards me being able to hire an engineer to aid in the development of a menu and more advanced file system.  (here, you should read: i wanna add not just multi-ROM, but multi-sav, and its haaaaard).  I am also wanting to create some debugging tools and other utilities to accompany this cartridge.  i'm running into some walls in accomplishing all the features.  i don't want to go over too many details about this cartridge now, its still very much a WIP (obviously).  however, having a real professional lend their abilities to this would really work wonders.  i'm finding i want to slam my head into a wall a bit...  As you see, hardware is basically done, apart from any unforeseen adjustments of course.  an engineer won't be cheap, these funds would help offset the R&D involved with this project a bit though.  Engineer choice is my discretion, I have a couple in mind already.

I'm thankful for everyone and their support of kk_gb_8m...  but, the hardware is done entirely, manufacturing is taken care of, its just a matter of debugging at this point.  which is just a sacrifice of my time, no funding needed for that tongue  now... whenever someone starts a 'pizza donation' thread, i'm all over that...

also... let's keep this thread about the awesome thing sxe_weekend is doing.  i'll get around to explaining kk_gb_sd in more detail when its ready. 

well, that's my application!  i hope the community will consider this.  *if* you'd like to split these funds some more, and i'm lucky enough to receive any of these funds, go with my FIRST request and not the second.  it benefits someone other than myself in a direct way, and imo Delek is pretty awesome.  If i have discretion with funds, the first $100 goes to Delek, if any remains it'll go towards Mr. Engineer for kk_gb_sd.