matt's mind

if you are using the files in your site, that's cool.  they don't care about that, naturally

i think they are trying to stop people from using their servers like giant hard drives with no connections/links on their web pages (or no web pages at all, more to the point).  piracy, and the like.  or seeding just for torrents or something of this nature

Tacoma, WA

I have used Dreamhost and been content with it. As Kitsch said earlier, it has its set backs, but who doesn't?... If you do end up going with Dreamhost, here is a pretty sweet deal you don't want to miss: http://kotaku.com/get-a-domain-name-and … 1465102538

Maine

yea im mainly looking to host archive files for public download i have jarred hard drives for my personal back up... (which everyone should have)

Maine

also i want to give a shout out to this guy who taught me HTML basics from this video it was super helpful especially if you want to work from the ground up

Tacoma WA

I use bluehost and have had zero problems with them.

I use them for a wordpress site and for hosting my music on.

infradead wrote:

I use bluehost and have had zero problems with them.

I use them for a wordpress site and for hosting my music on.

same and also i us ethem as a "personal dropbox" and they dont care (as it should be) and its all pretty fast
ive never ran mysql on this site though... i know that some hosts that seem fast for static/php will be very slow with mysql
only weird thing is that they wanted photos of both sides of my debit card for "confirmation"
they havent stolen my life savings yet though

if you just want to muck around 000webhost is cool and free

b2netsolutions offer some very good affordable VPS hosting packages, their support is also excellent.