What model Mac mini did you want to get? (2012 etc)

Litebritedeath Land
katsumbhong wrote:

If you do plan on getting a Mac Mini new, I do suggest getting one with an i7 Intel processor with no extras. You can upgrade the RAM and add a 2nd HDD/SSD yourself for much cheaper. Prior to upgrading the RAM, make sure you get the correct "type."

Yeah I will be buying one new directly from apple.  I already planned on getting the fastest processor and doing the other upgrades myself.  I want to max out the RAM and add an SSD drive(recommendations welcome).  Still taking recommendations on a good monitor as well.  Been looking at different LG and Samsung monitors.  I'm wanting something with a matte screen and excellent color reproduction as I do digital art as a hobby as well.  Probably around 21'.  Also matte isn't set in stone.  If a glass monitor has pros I don't know about over a matte let me know!

the new samsung ssds are pretty epic.

matt's mind

yes.  samsung.  definitely recommend them over an LG product

as does the guy at Sam's who works around the TV area.  i got a VERRRRY lengthy pro-Samsung speech from him.  very talkative

in short, his 4 Samsungs have had zero issues.  every other brand (LG too) have died on him at least once.  my brother has also had a LG TV die, after less than a month

not sure if the privacy issues LG has with their Smart TVs carry over to the monitors.  that'd be something to consider, i'm thinking its only their Smart TV line though

Litebritedeath Land

Thanks again for all the info guys.  I actually have a Samsung HDTV that was given to me by my fiancĂ©es brother and it works great.  Just waiting on my disability money to kick in and I'll have everything ordered.  I'll post pics of my setup once it's complete!  BTW Kitsch I'll hit you up with details for my donation to your cart development as soon as I get my "awards letter".  Such a strange thing for social security to call an explanation of benefits.  smile

matt's mind

oh, ok!   didn't realize applications were done

thats pretty exciting, 'purpose #1' in my application deserves it, truly (Deflemask)

Taichung, Taiwan

Get an IPS monitor.

Litebritedeath Land

http://m.newegg.com/Product/index?itemn … 6824260047

What are your thoughts on this Dell IPS monitor?  I couldn't find any samsung ips displays.  The dell has plenty of good reviews.  Sorry for asking so many questions.  Like I stated I live in the middle of nowhere land so I can't look at any of these in person.  I can't stand dell computers but I've had good monitors in the past made by them.

Litebritedeath Land

@kitsch yeah the thread basically died and nobody said much more about anything.  I like the carts you have planned and I've done a good deal of trading etc with you so I know my money is going to a good place.  It'll be a bit before I receive the money so we shall see if anyone chimes in but it looks like it's all headed your way.  I trust you'll put it to good use.  smile

The girlfriend got a pretty nice 1080p monitor for college (made by samsung) i was pretty impressed with it. think it was around 24inches. wasnt a horrible price either. dont know the model though.

Are you going to run hdd and ssd in the mini? if so youll want the OS on the ssd